This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some advice (graphics card related)

#1myplague44Posted 2/25/2014 2:15:04 PM
So, I was thinking of building the following PC soon:

Processor: AMD FX-6300 6-core.
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 AM3+.
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1866 MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB.
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB.
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600 watt 80+ Bronze.

I was thinking of changing to a GTX 760, as it's (only just) in my budget. From what I understand I wont be able to use SLI, but I don't plan to. This PC is only a cheap build untill I can get money to build something alot better & once I'm done with it I'll be giving it to my family to use, so I'm not worried about SLI or Crossfire. So, back on point, is it worth it? Do I go with GTX 760 or stick with Radeon R9 270X?

(p.s yes, I got the build from pcper :p )
---
Sega should bring back the super peel out in Sonic games. Do you agree? People that agree: 10.
#2BogePosted 2/25/2014 2:25:12 PM
What do you plan to do with the 270? Assuming you sell it, how much will you be out switching to a 760? When do you plan to build something better and pass that one over to your family?
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#3myplague44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 2:42:53 PM
Boge posted...
What do you plan to do with the 270? Assuming you sell it, how much will you be out switching to a 760? When do you plan to build something better and pass that one over to your family?

Oh, I don't actually have any of what I listed at the moment (I should be making my order for everything from Amazon next week. Should have pointed that out, my bad). I just currently plan to get the 270, but was wondering if I should switch to the GTX 760 instead before I make my order, as it is in my budget. & as for next build? Not sure, it depends when I can move, so 6 months to a year. I know it would seem better to just wait untill I move, but my current PC is about 8 years old xD & am frankly, I am a little bit sick of using such an old PC. Plus, I'll move this build onto my family (that don't actually own a PC at the moment), so it wont be a waste.
---
Sega should bring back the super peel out in Sonic games. Do you agree? People that agree: 10.
#4BogePosted 2/25/2014 2:47:23 PM(edited)
Yes, get the 760 instead. It's a bit better performance, I believe the same, if not cheaper price, and you get Assassin's Creed IV.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#5myplague44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 2:48:01 PM
Boge posted...
Yes, get the 760 instead. It's a bit better performance, I believe the same, if not cheaper, and you get Assassin's Creed IV.

760 it is. Thank you for your help.
---