This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Castlevania LOTS 2 is awesome

#1protools1983Posted 2/26/2014 8:36:12 PM
Having a great time with it so far. The production values are ridiculous and even the very first boss fight was intense as hell. It's been kinds slower paced for the last 30 minutes or so but I'm really looking forward to smoking out and sinking into this one. The atmosphere is simply badass.
---
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?
#2ShubPosted 2/26/2014 8:37:11 PM
Better than the first one? I couldn't get into the first one at all.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3BuburibonPosted 2/26/2014 8:40:52 PM
I agree. It feels sort of like a Castlevania-themed Darksiders to me. Good stuff!
---
Steam | PSN | XBL | NNID: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz
#4AnatomyHorrorPosted 2/26/2014 8:43:04 PM
I'm really diggin it as well. There are some bad parts where stealth is involved and the modern setting areas aren't the greatest, but the game is a ton of fun imo. A bit easy so make sure you start on the highest difficulty.

As to Shub's question, No imo. But if you didn't play past chapter 3 or so then you didn't get to the good parts. The first one is so good to me, because of how varied the environments are. The art direction in that game is insane. And all 15-20 hours of it offers so much variety in the levels, I've just never seen a game have that many different, awesome settings.
#5kill_distroyPosted 2/26/2014 8:58:02 PM
Everything is good until you get to the stealth sections.....Dear god those stealth sections.......

It really amazes me how they actually decided to keep the stealth in the game when it was obviously so bad. Otherwise, it's all pretty good stuff.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#6Jprime666Posted 2/26/2014 9:08:47 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
I'm really diggin it as well. There are some bad parts where stealth is involved and the modern setting areas aren't the greatest, but the game is a ton of fun imo. A bit easy so make sure you start on the highest difficulty.

As to Shub's question, No imo. But if you didn't play past chapter 3 or so then you didn't get to the good parts. The first one is so good to me, because of how varied the environments are. The art direction in that game is insane. And all 15-20 hours of it offers so much variety in the levels, I've just never seen a game have that many different, awesome settings.

Shame it didn't offer much variety in gameplay. Last 5 hours had the same shallow combat as the first 5.
---
Zvarri!
#7AsellusPosted 2/27/2014 12:35:09 AM
About 9 hours in and quite thoroughly enjoying it.

Honestly of the ones I've seen I wouldn't even call them stealth section, they're puzzles with some really mild stealth elements.
#8cod4lyfe1997Posted 2/27/2014 12:41:06 AM
It seems pretty cool but I want a new Metroidvania Castlevania
---
Thank you to all those who serve our country :)
My username isn't referring to Call of Duty :)
#9jake-sfPosted 2/27/2014 12:56:57 AM
It looked to me like the combat was the same as the first one, which is spammy spammy combo beat-em-up which is shallow and boring, and the bosses were awful. I know they changed the camera, which was terribad in the first.

Still, am I really looking at a game here? I really didn't enjoy the first one when it comes down to it, and console gamers kept saying how amazing the game was. I guess I'm just wondering if it has -real- gameplay there or if its really just another game for flash with next to no substance.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#10dekouPosted 2/27/2014 1:14:39 AM(edited)
I watched some gameplay videos of LoS2 and it still looks as mindless as LoS1. Monsters don't respond to your attacks and combat looks very...fake, somehow. Too bad they're not looking for inspiration in better games, like DMC3&4. Even Darksiders has better combat and I'm not a huge fan of Darksiders.

LOS1 was extremely linear, too. Did they fix that?