This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to decide between PS4 and PC - PC build included

#11LaManoNeraIIPosted 2/27/2014 12:01:33 AM
Squeenix has been expressing a lot more interest in bringing their games to PC. I say there is a strong chance FF 15 will hit the PC. But the fact remains, FF 15 isn't anywhere close to having a release date.

This gen will see the fewest console exclusives, being that both the Xbone and PS4 have identical PC architecture. 98% of the games coming to PS4 will almost assuredly wind up on the PC, too.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#12Majoras_pantsPosted 2/27/2014 1:23:56 AM
Get the PC if you want a way bigger and better library of games, free online, better graphics, mods, an open platform, the choice over what control type you'd like tp use on a game by game basis, and generally a better gaming experience.

Get a PS4 if you.. appreciate the marketing or something I don't know.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#13CloneTheHeroPosted 2/27/2014 3:03:43 AM(edited)
TC i was in your shoes not too long ago. Being a long time console fanboy I was leaning heavily towards the PS4, but considering the PS4 just launched and the library being a buncha weak cross platform titles... not to mention Sonys now paywalling MP Online (d*** move by Sony), I think it was a good decision by me to go with PC. You won't regret it either.

Plus a year a or two down the line when the PS4 has a library built up you can dive in then.
---
Currently Playing: Uncharted 3 (PS3), Shenmue (DC), Silver (DC)
#14gunner967Posted 2/27/2014 3:17:28 AM
If you have extra budget left, get a cooler, some fans, and maybe upgrade your RAM to a better series. Not absolutely necessary though I would seriously consider the coolers.
---
Xbox Live- A Killing Pie ~~~ PSN- A_Killing_Pie
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
#15GeisnPosted 2/27/2014 3:21:03 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Get both. I have a PS4 for exclusives and a PC for...well, everything else.

Lol, "everything else" on PC??? There are only 3 genres on PC (fps, mmo and strategy) and all games on PC are about graphics with zero innovations. How can you guys call yourself gamers??? I don't call myself expert in cars if I only know 3 different marque, lmao.
#16dennis941012Posted 2/27/2014 3:27:51 AM
Geisn posted...
Perfect Light posted...

Lol, "everything else" on PC??? There are only 3 genres on PC (fps, mmo and strategy) and all games on PC are about graphics with zero innovations. How can you guys call yourself gamers??? I don't call myself expert in cars if I only know 3 different marque, lmao.

Keep dreaming buddy
---
#17HighwayPilotPosted 2/27/2014 3:50:16 AM
Geisn posted...
Perfect Light posted...

And PS3 got Uncharted, Killzone and The Last Us. Wow, what innovation and not about graphics at all...
#18BogePosted 2/27/2014 3:55:24 AM
Perfect Light posted...

That's how I always work.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#19GriffinHeartPosted 2/27/2014 3:57:15 AM
Just for the sheer, unmatched amount of content, I'd suggest a PC. Not even the library of a console at the end of its life cycle comes remotely close.
---
Specs for the inevitable tech support topics: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB.
#20snesmaster40Posted 2/27/2014 5:06:23 AM
You know there's something wrong with the PS4 when everyone only uses it for Netflix.
---
Are we not men?