This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to decide between PS4 and PC - PC build included

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to decide between PS4 and PC - PC build included

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
2 years ago#11
Squeenix has been expressing a lot more interest in bringing their games to PC. I say there is a strong chance FF 15 will hit the PC. But the fact remains, FF 15 isn't anywhere close to having a release date.

This gen will see the fewest console exclusives, being that both the Xbone and PS4 have identical PC architecture. 98% of the games coming to PS4 will almost assuredly wind up on the PC, too.
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
2 years ago#12
Get the PC if you want a way bigger and better library of games, free online, better graphics, mods, an open platform, the choice over what control type you'd like tp use on a game by game basis, and generally a better gaming experience.

Get a PS4 if you.. appreciate the marketing or something I don't know.
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer

User Info: CloneTheHero

CloneTheHero
2 years ago#13
TC i was in your shoes not too long ago. Being a long time console fanboy I was leaning heavily towards the PS4, but considering the PS4 just launched and the library being a buncha weak cross platform titles... not to mention Sonys now paywalling MP Online (d*** move by Sony), I think it was a good decision by me to go with PC. You won't regret it either.

Plus a year a or two down the line when the PS4 has a library built up you can dive in then.
Currently Playing: Uncharted 3 (PS3), Shenmue (DC), Silver (DC)

User Info: gunner967

gunner967
2 years ago#14
If you have extra budget left, get a cooler, some fans, and maybe upgrade your RAM to a better series. Not absolutely necessary though I would seriously consider the coolers.
Xbox Live- A Killing Pie ~~~ PSN- A_Killing_Pie
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"

User Info: Geisn

Geisn
2 years ago#15
Perfect Light posted...
Get both. I have a PS4 for exclusives and a PC for...well, everything else.

Lol, "everything else" on PC??? There are only 3 genres on PC (fps, mmo and strategy) and all games on PC are about graphics with zero innovations. How can you guys call yourself gamers??? I don't call myself expert in cars if I only know 3 different marque, lmao.

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
2 years ago#16
Geisn posted...
Perfect Light posted...

Lol, "everything else" on PC??? There are only 3 genres on PC (fps, mmo and strategy) and all games on PC are about graphics with zero innovations. How can you guys call yourself gamers??? I don't call myself expert in cars if I only know 3 different marque, lmao.

Keep dreaming buddy

User Info: HighwayPilot

HighwayPilot
2 years ago#17
Geisn posted...
Perfect Light posted...

And PS3 got Uncharted, Killzone and The Last Us. Wow, what innovation and not about graphics at all...

User Info: Boge

Boge
2 years ago#18
Perfect Light posted...

That's how I always work.
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png

User Info: GriffinHeart

GriffinHeart
2 years ago#19
Just for the sheer, unmatched amount of content, I'd suggest a PC. Not even the library of a console at the end of its life cycle comes remotely close.
Specs for the inevitable tech support topics: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB.

User Info: snesmaster40

snesmaster40
2 years ago#20
You know there's something wrong with the PS4 when everyone only uses it for Netflix.
Are we not men?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to decide between PS4 and PC - PC build included

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived