This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Nintendo released a few games on Steam, they would make a billion dollars.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If Nintendo released a few games on Steam, they would make a billion dollars.
2 years ago#1
If you haven't heard Nintendo isn't doing well, they're in damage control. Hears an idea, release a bunch of games on Steam so we don't have to use the Dolphin emulator to play Nintendo games in 1080p+ at 60+ fps. The PC isn't really competition, there isn't very many causal gamers on the PC which has been their target market for a while. I know it won't happen but it's a good idea.
---
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperKing61
I love you.
2 years ago#2
Nintendo is doing better than Sony are. Sony's gaming department hasn't made a profit in YEARS.
---
\(._.)/ Hi.
._.)/ http://i.imgur.com/MoRstoJ.jpg
2 years ago#3
lootwoman posted...
Nintendo is doing better than Sony are. Sony's gaming department hasn't made a profit in YEARS.

Yeah but I don't want to play their games.
---
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperKing61
I love you.
2 years ago#4
1) The Wii U isn't doing well. Nintendo overall as a company is not in some dire financial straits. They can survive one system not doing very well.

2) They don't need to release their games on other platforms, they need to make better hardware. The Wii U was just not well thought out and no one should be surprised that it isn't doing well. Not only did they screw up royally by giving people the impression that the gamepad was an add-on to the Wii and not a new system in itself, they wasted resources by making the gamepad in the first place and should have put that into making a better online service and a system that was better spec'd.

3) I find it hard to believe that Nintendo will ever release their games on a platform other than their own. I think they would rather just not make games anymore. And it's not like this is anywhere close to happening anyway considering how successful they still are in the handheld market. Like I said, they can survive 1 console not doing well.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
2 years ago#5
Maybe they could release a 'Museum' type compilation on Steam. Bundle some of their older games together ad set a reasonable price. Test the water before jumping in, so to speak.........
2 years ago#6
This again....it's quite simple, Nintendo is a game hardware/software company, period. They don't have other divisions like MS/Sony etc. - they stand to make far more profit tying their desirable exclusives to their hardware than they would ever make releasing it on multiple platforms. I don't see this changing anytime soon. They have also stated on at least a few occasions that if they were in dire straits they would just close down rather than license their properties/release on other platforms, so if you really want to play Nintendo games, you're going to have to buy their platforms.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
2 years ago#7
Sega did it, and I think they're doing well. The WII was a fluke but they do make good games. Stick to handhelds and sell on other platforms.
2 years ago#8
"nintendo can only survive one failed console"
>virtual boy didn't exist suddenly
>nintendo 64 DD didn't exist suddenly
Game Boy line sold 37.18 million more systems than Game Boy Advance line, 37 million was just under half of the Advance line's total sales, too. GBAs selling 81 million and GBs selling 118 million. 196.72 million DS' have been sold by contrast, selling more than every type of Gameboy's sales combined. They're hardly failing in the handheld market, if anything it's growing larger.

"nintendo will never publish on consoles not their own"
>CDi nintendo licence games didnt exist suddenly
>Atari suddenly didn't have Mario.
---
\(._.)/ Hi.
2 years ago#9
My point on the GB line wasn't clearly made there.
My point was there was a time where the handhelds were dipping in sales by almost half, even, but they didn't go out of business just because an entire line of consoles failed. No. Years later the DS line came out and they generated millions more than the gameboys ever did.
---
\(._.)/ Hi.
2 years ago#10
lootwoman posted...
"nintendo can only survive one failed console"
>virtual boy didn't exist suddenly
>nintendo 64 DD didn't exist suddenly
Game Boy line sold 37.18 million more systems than Game Boy Advance line, 37 million was just under half of the Advance line's total sales, too. GBAs selling 81 million and GBs selling 118 million. 196.72 million DS' have been sold by contrast, selling more than every type of Gameboy's sales combined. They're hardly failing in the handheld market, if anything it's growing larger.

"nintendo will never publish on consoles not their own"
>CDi nintendo licence games didnt exist suddenly
>Atari suddenly didn't have Mario.

I don't think anyone is saying that Nintendo is going out of business but that Nintendo would make a lot of money if they sold their games on the PC.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If Nintendo released a few games on Steam, they would make a billion dollars.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived