This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Nintendo released a few games on Steam, they would make a billion dollars.

#81SlashmanSGPosted 2/28/2014 8:47:23 AM
r0ge00 posted...
They're taking a bit longer to get their core lineup out (SSB, Wii U Zelda, MK8), but once they do, they'll be fine.

I wonder what the excuse will be when all these games come out and the Wii U is still being outsold 10 to 1.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#82r0ge00Posted 2/28/2014 8:50:47 AM
SlashmanSG posted...
I wonder what the excuse will be when all these games come out and the Wii U is still being outsold 10 to 1.

To be honest, I don't think they will care. They'll see a large increase in sales, and that's really all that should matter to them. Even if they flop, the 3DS will carry them to whatever their next experiment is.
#83ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/28/2014 9:00:38 AM
SlashmanSG posted...
r0ge00 posted...
They're taking a bit longer to get their core lineup out (SSB, Wii U Zelda, MK8), but once they do, they'll be fine.

Why do you care about sales so much? That's so pathetic.

Wii U has still sold the most, btw.
#84ArkonBladePosted 2/28/2014 10:43:39 AM
RapierLord posted...
lootwoman posted...
"nintendo can only survive one failed console"
>virtual boy didn't exist suddenly
>nintendo 64 DD didn't exist suddenly
Game Boy line sold 37.18 million more systems than Game Boy Advance line, 37 million was just under half of the Advance line's total sales, too. GBAs selling 81 million and GBs selling 118 million. 196.72 million DS' have been sold by contrast, selling more than every type of Gameboy's sales combined. They're hardly failing in the handheld market, if anything it's growing larger.

"nintendo will never publish on consoles not their own"
>CDi nintendo licence games didnt exist suddenly
>Atari suddenly didn't have Mario.

I don't think anyone is saying that Nintendo is going out of business but that Nintendo would make a lot of money if they sold their games on the PC.

Then why would any one buy there consoles?

though I do agree they should just get out of the console market and focus on handhelds and multplats. They would make a lot more money that way.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#85Tucker_BAPosted 2/28/2014 10:49:30 AM
YOeastonYO posted...
Am I the only one who finds current, as in last five years, games extremely boring and overall not fun?

AAA titles from as far back as 2007 or so have perpetually been garbage. TLoU or Thief 4 are both good, recent examples.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#86TheOtherGuyXPosted 2/28/2014 12:41:08 PM
Dolphin is a much better option than any port Nintendo could possibly spit out taking things like save states and graphic shaders into account. It's come pretty far over the years and only problems I run into are related to sound hiccups here and there. So as the end user, no we don't need Steam ports.
---
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
#87ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/28/2014 12:47:01 PM
Tucker_BA posted...
TLoU or Thief 4 are both good, recent examples.

Thief 4 isn't good.
#88Tucker_BAPosted 2/28/2014 2:42:05 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Tucker_BA posted...
TLoU or Thief 4 are both good, recent examples.

Thief 4 isn't good.

That's what I meant actually, both Thi4f and TLoU are bad AAA games that are good examples of the decline of quality in AAA game titles.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#89ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/28/2014 2:45:41 PM
Tucker_BA posted...
That's what I meant actually, both Thi4f and TLoU are bad AAA games that are good examples of the decline of quality in AAA game titles.

It's funny, the developers even tried talking up the writing and story of Thief 4, as if the original games weren't well written.