This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone liking Thief??

#1protools1983Posted 2/27/2014 9:11:54 AM
I've got it downloaded at home and can't wait to get off work and play it. Is anyone liking it?

inb4itsucksitsnotexactlyliketheoldgames
---
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?
#2ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/27/2014 9:21:53 AM
protools1983 posted...

Nobody ever actually made that complaint.

Unless you think that being inferior to the games that came before is complaining that it's not exactly like the old games.

It's pretty funny that even the mainstream reviewers are pooping all over it. You'd think you people would actually read a review. I thought that since this time, even reviewers hated it that you people wouldn't grasp onto one single thing to dismiss everyone else, but I was wrong. You people really are that pathetic and sensitive.
#3LoshadtPosted 2/27/2014 9:21:59 AM
"I started this topic to kick up s***storm since I know it is an incredibly poorly received game."
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#4anonymous46773Posted 2/27/2014 9:23:14 AM
Don't really want to pay full price for it as I don't generally like stealth games, but I'll definitely be picking it up on a sale.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5KillerTrufflePosted 2/27/2014 9:23:56 AM
It would be best if only people who had *played* it reviewed it, rather than people who have just watched it being played and jumping to conclusions...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#6ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/27/2014 9:28:25 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
It would be best if only people who had *played* it reviewed it, rather than people who have just watched it being played and jumping to conclusions...

Here you go.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/24/thief-review
#7LoshadtPosted 2/27/2014 9:28:52 AM
KillerTruffle posted...

Well outside of piracy how exactly can we play the game without paying for it? Because there are very few games I would pay $50 for, and I can assure you Thi4f was never in consideration for that list.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#8AnimorganimatePosted 2/27/2014 9:30:51 AM
protools1983 posted...

So you ask for opinions, but don't want to hear any of the negatives?

Overall, the new Thief is very mediocre. It does very few things well. For instance, the actual stealth is usually enjoyable. Stealing things is satisfying and sneaking around is always fun.

The rest of the game, however, is completely forgettable. The story is one of the worst I've had to sit through, and could (or should) be completely non-existent. The game is also very linear, and removes any sense of being able to accomplish goals your own way, on your own time. And all of the previous Thief mechanics (arrow types, the shadow system, and atmosphere) feel like they were shoe-horned in just to add the name Thief to the title.

I'm sorry if people will compare this game to the previous titles, but that's an inevitability. And in comparison, Thief 4 is not as good. It's no where near as innovative as the first 2 games and feels like it is catering to a simpler, console crowd (which, according to your signature, means you'll love it).

I wish I had spent $10-$15 max on the game. All Thief has gotten me to do was boot up Thief: The Dark Project Gold with Tfix and start a new playthrough of the superior game.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#9Jprime666Posted 2/27/2014 9:32:39 AM
I'm enjoying it, but it has issues. When it comes to other modern stealth games, Dishonored did a much better job with level design, and story.
---
Zvarri!
#10protools1983(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 9:33:06 AM
Animorganimate posted...
protools1983 posted...

So you ask for opinions, but don't want to hear any of the negatives?

Overall, the new Thief is very mediocre. It does very few things well. For instance, the actual stealth is usually enjoyable. Stealing things is satisfying and sneaking around is always fun.

The rest of the game, however, is completely forgettable. The story is one of the worst I've had to sit through, and could (or should) be completely non-existent. The game is also very linear, and removes any sense of being able to accomplish goals your own way, on your own time. And all of the previous Thief mechanics (arrow types, the shadow system, and atmosphere) feel like they were shoe-horned in just to add the name Thief to the title.

I'm sorry if people will compare this game to the previous titles, but that's an inevitability. And in comparison, Thief 4 is not as good. It's no where near as innovative as the first 2 games and feels like it is catering to a simpler, console crowd (which, according to your signature, means you'll love it).

I wish I had spent $10-$15 max on the game. All Thief has gotten me to do was boot up Thief: The Dark Project Gold with Tfix and start a new playthrough of the superior game.

Change is not an immediate negative contrary to popular belief of gaming children that now infest this hobby. Too much whining, not enough critical reviewing. I'll listen to a solid criticism but nostalgia seems to always creep in.
---
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?