This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

THE KING has returned!!!! DIABLO 3 returns to its ARPG throne.

#61samuraigaidenPosted 2/28/2014 12:45:55 AM
EGMRULZ posted...
somebody336 posted...
Ravenoussd posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
jake-sf posted...
Uh, no.
#62The_Undying_84Posted 2/28/2014 12:57:37 AM
Sorry, but my issues with Diablo 3 are some of the fundamental mechanics, which I don't think any patch will ever change. For example, all skill damage for all classes being dependent on weapon DPS. In general the item stats are just too generalized. Basically the only difference between different class's gear is whether you want strength, dexterity, or intelligence.

Also there are essentially no skills that foster team work in the game; there are only like 3 that even capable of affecting team mates. There's really no reason to play with anyone else they're better than you (or worse and you're specifically trying to help them). 2 had auras, war cries, curses, and various other kinds of buffs/debuffs which made it advantageous to play with others.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#63ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/28/2014 12:59:06 AM
Hello, stranger.
#64SyserinPosted 2/28/2014 1:42:47 AM
ryouma17 posted...
Polaris posted...
"returns to its ARPG throne" ?

this isn't correct, diablo 3 cannot return to the throne when it was never on it

Fixed that for ya buddy - no thanks required.
#65TheLastOfCrustPosted 2/28/2014 4:24:39 AM
I wasn't aware bad loot drops was the only flaw D3 had. Not going to reinstall it just to replay content with slightly better items.
#66NicodimusPosted 2/28/2014 10:14:53 AM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
r0ge00 posted...
Loshadt posted...
Can I play it offline yet? If not then the only throne it's going to is the porcelain variety.

Haha. Perfect.

Are you also annoyed you cant use gamefaqs offline?

Grow up constant connection is the future

You're comparing the single-player campaign of an RPG to an online forum? Weak argument at best.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#67ish0turfac3Posted 2/28/2014 10:18:23 AM
Lol i remember this troll from the guild wars 2 board. He accidentally posted in his own topic without switching to an alt account. Get lot troll.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#68foodeater4Posted 2/28/2014 10:27:12 AM
I don't really get the POE/league/rerolling craze too. I had fun with the game for a few weeks, got to a high level, had fun filling out my skill tree. Then I wanted to play another class and got pretty far too, but its not like I want to keep on rerolling. And the league was not a big deal, its like OMG, in some maps some shrines appear, its like big deal, hardly game changing. I know leagues are to test changes partially, and maybe some will be more drastic but last time was practically like being in standard. Throw in, inferior graphics all around, worse animation, sound, they do have a few good songs, but most of the map songs are boring unmemorable stuff, and also pretty crappy loot too. My good drops were far and few in between in this game, and the fact you can super specialize like doing more damage with 1 hand swords only, makes it even harder to find something. Repative bad guys too.

Anyways to me, D3 is on the ARPG throne now that patch 2.0 is out. I wouldn't have put any game on there before except maybe Titan Quest.
#69jokrayzPosted 2/28/2014 11:36:34 AM
Never knew GW2 was considered ARPG and not MMORPG..

Nonetheless. the game has gone stale though i still occasionally play it.
- hope they get better stuff in the future.

I tried D3 using a friend's guest pass around launch. Aside from Lags and DC, There wasn't much I didn't enjoy about the game, i was just invested in Guild Wars 2 and still slightly am.
---
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350
#70ryouma17Posted 2/28/2014 12:00:14 PM
Syserin posted...
ryouma17 posted...
Polaris posted...
"returns to its ARPG throne" ?

this is correct, diablo 3 cannot return to the throne when it never left it

i agree with ya buddy ya buddy

---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011