This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ummm, guys? WTF are you doing!

#11SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 8:28:09 AM
jake-sf posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Renegade X is a free Tactical Shooter that aims to brings the Command and Conquer FPS experience to the Unreal Engine 3

ick.
Do we really need another dudebro shooter? Seriously?

lol.

He thinks Renegade is a dudebro shooter.

As it stands, its unlikely to even keep a good, healthy player base exactly because Renegade has little appeal to today's modern FPS players.

I've already seen countless of those folks whining about X things not being like their precious modern crap.

What else is a "tactical shooter" and "FPS experience to the unreal engine 3" supposed to make me think? It's a JRPG?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#12Ch3wyPosted 2/28/2014 8:58:39 AM
jake-sf posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Renegade X is a free Tactical Shooter that aims to brings the Command and Conquer FPS experience to the Unreal Engine 3

ick.

lol.

As it stands, its unlikely to even keep a good, healthy player base exactly because Renegade has little appeal to today's modern FPS players.

I've already seen countless of those folks whining about X things not being like their precious modern crap.

Holy ****, jake-sf is actually kind of defending a game instead of saying it's terrible?

I mean you're still doing so in a very condescending manor, but this is still a great step. Congratulations!
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#13r0ge00Posted 2/28/2014 9:02:14 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Holy ****, jake-sf is actually kind of defending a game instead of saying it's terrible?

I've seen him do it a few times. He likes Metroid Prime IIRC.
#14biohazard1775Posted 2/28/2014 10:05:08 AM
Free? Why the hell not.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#15kingoffpsPosted 2/28/2014 10:06:22 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

I've seen him do it a few times. He likes Metroid Prime IIRC.

Who doesn't?
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#16thelocalhentaiPosted 2/28/2014 10:08:21 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
jake-sf posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

ick.

lol.

What else is a "tactical shooter" and "FPS experience to the unreal engine 3" supposed to make me think? It's a JRPG?

How about not thinking like a tool at all?

Also, tactical shooter isn't dudebro.
#17SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 10:20:56 AM
thelocalhentai posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
jake-sf posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

ick.

lol.

How about not thinking like a tool at all?

Also, tactical shooter isn't dudebro.

I call it marketing hype.

People think Forza is a simulator...

I wen ton renegade site, and saw the typical first person view with hand guns held in front, the same thing we've been seeing since Doom.

What is the actual difference?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#18jake-sfPosted 2/28/2014 10:35:21 AM(edited)
So is Doom like that, too?

Its not a military shooter, its an arcade-strategy base vs base shooter (first & third person, most veterans play it in 3rd). Its a bit like taking the original C&C and making it a shooter, where players -are- the units (you buy your own weapons and vehicles) and try to destroy the other team's base to cripple them (every building destroyed having an impact on the game).

All of that with flavor, meaning gameplay that is not ironsight based, fast movement, etc...

But if you stop yourself at "there's guns, you shoot the guns, its so bad I don't like guns", then why did you even look?
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#19exclusiveburnerPosted 2/28/2014 10:49:32 AM
Looks better then Titanfall that's for sure...
#20SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 11:17:03 AM
jake-sf posted...
So is Doom like that, too?

Its not a military shooter, its an arcade-strategy base vs base shooter (first & third person, most veterans play it in 3rd). Its a bit like taking the original C&C and making it a shooter, where players -are- the units (you buy your own weapons and vehicles) and try to destroy the other team's base to cripple them (every building destroyed having an impact on the game).

All of that with flavor, meaning gameplay that is not ironsight based, fast movement, etc...

But if you stop yourself at "there's guns, you shoot the guns, its so bad I don't like guns", then why did you even look?

How come their site doesn't immediately say that?
---