This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Warner Bros. greenlights Minecraft movie

#1Sk0rbutPosted 2/28/2014 2:30:21 AM
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/could-minecraft-be-the-new-lego-movie-for-warner-bros

What? How? Ugh... really?
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#2ThePredominatePosted 2/28/2014 2:44:00 AM
*pukes*
#3YoungAdultLinkPosted 2/28/2014 2:51:44 AM
I am foreseeing a lot of people dressed as creepers blowing themselves up. Perhaps in a terrorist sort of way.

Also, my first thought was, "Meh, they'll try to copy the Lego movie somehow" and of course the link says as much in the title.
---
Maple Syrup: For when you feel like drinking a tree.
#4Sk0rbut(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 3:09:18 AM
"Larry, we really need to get our hands on some more of that Lego money. What are your kids playing with these days? Transmorphers? Cabbage Patch Dolls?" - "Well, boss, they love to play this Minecraft app on their Nintendos, but I don't think the game has enough story to make a" - "Larry, cease your babbling, I stopped listening after the word Minecraft and bought the rights from that Swedish nutcase Persson. Here are 300 million dollars, now go and make me a blockbuster!"
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#5jelly2008Posted 2/28/2014 3:19:08 AM
Sk0rbut posted...
"Larry, we really need to get our hands on some more of that Lego money. What are your kids playing with these days? Transmorphers? Cabbage Patch Dolls?" - "Well, boss, they love to play this Minecraft app on their Nintendos, but I don't think the game has enough story to make a" - "Larry, cease your babbling, I stopped listening after the word Minecraft and bought the rights from that Swedish nutcase Persson. Here are 300 million dollars, now go and make me a blockbuster!"

Possible recipe for a franchise disaster.
---
Intel C2D E7500/ Intel DG41RQ/ CM GX550W Bronze/ ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU/ 4GB Transcend DDR2-800 RAM/ Seagate 320GB + 1TB HDD/ Hitachi 250GB HDD/ Win 8.1 64-bit
#6thefabregas22Posted 2/28/2014 4:23:09 AM
Oh, it was bad enough already.

Now it's going to be much much worse.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#7Hi CPosted 2/28/2014 4:38:23 AM
What is the plot going to be? A clone of Lego Movie then at the end it turns out it's just some autistic guys fever dream?
---
You'll be my John G.
#8Sk0rbut(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 5:05:26 AM
Hi C posted...
What is the plot going to be? A clone of Lego Movie then at the end it turns out it's just some autistic guys fever dream?

Can't be a complete clone since it's supposed to be live action.
---
#9LordSeiferPosted 2/28/2014 5:20:06 AM
making it live action sort of removes anything minecraft related

plot of movie is, guy builds a house and digs some holes
---
^ this
#10someguyshandPosted 2/28/2014 5:34:20 AM
LordSeifer posted...
making it live action sort of removes anything minecraft related

plot of movie is, guy builds a house and digs some holes

In between, he punches trees.
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy