This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Warner Bros. greenlights Minecraft movie

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Warner Bros. greenlights Minecraft movie
2 years ago#1
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/could-minecraft-be-the-new-lego-movie-for-warner-bros

What? How? Ugh... really?
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
2 years ago#2
*pukes*
2 years ago#3
I am foreseeing a lot of people dressed as creepers blowing themselves up. Perhaps in a terrorist sort of way.

Also, my first thought was, "Meh, they'll try to copy the Lego movie somehow" and of course the link says as much in the title.
Maple Syrup: For when you feel like drinking a tree.
2 years ago#4
"Larry, we really need to get our hands on some more of that Lego money. What are your kids playing with these days? Transmorphers? Cabbage Patch Dolls?" - "Well, boss, they love to play this Minecraft app on their Nintendos, but I don't think the game has enough story to make a" - "Larry, cease your babbling, I stopped listening after the word Minecraft and bought the rights from that Swedish nutcase Persson. Here are 300 million dollars, now go and make me a blockbuster!"
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
2 years ago#5
Sk0rbut posted...
"Larry, we really need to get our hands on some more of that Lego money. What are your kids playing with these days? Transmorphers? Cabbage Patch Dolls?" - "Well, boss, they love to play this Minecraft app on their Nintendos, but I don't think the game has enough story to make a" - "Larry, cease your babbling, I stopped listening after the word Minecraft and bought the rights from that Swedish nutcase Persson. Here are 300 million dollars, now go and make me a blockbuster!"

Possible recipe for a franchise disaster.
Intel C2D E7500/ Intel DG41RQ/ CM GX550W Bronze/ ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU/ 4GB Transcend DDR2-800 RAM/ Seagate 320GB + 1TB HDD/ Hitachi 250GB HDD/ Win 8.1 64-bit
2 years ago#6
Oh, it was bad enough already.

Now it's going to be much much worse.
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
2 years ago#7
What is the plot going to be? A clone of Lego Movie then at the end it turns out it's just some autistic guys fever dream?
You'll be my John G.
2 years ago#8
Hi C posted...
What is the plot going to be? A clone of Lego Movie then at the end it turns out it's just some autistic guys fever dream?

Can't be a complete clone since it's supposed to be live action.
2 years ago#9
making it live action sort of removes anything minecraft related

plot of movie is, guy builds a house and digs some holes
^ this
2 years ago#10
LordSeifer posted...
making it live action sort of removes anything minecraft related

plot of movie is, guy builds a house and digs some holes

In between, he punches trees.
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Warner Bros. greenlights Minecraft movie

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived