This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remove Pando Media Booster from your system now.

#1CapoMafiaPosted 2/28/2014 8:48:01 AM
The new owners of it are requesting that you "update" the program so they can compromise your system with malware. You might have PMB on your system if you downloaded LotRO, DDO, or LoL.
---
If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm swole.
#250inchDLPPosted 2/28/2014 8:55:22 AM
Im glad i never re installed that trash after i clean installed windows last. Always new that crap was a spyware.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#3Ch3wyPosted 2/28/2014 8:55:57 AM
That's just the price you pay for playing free games.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#4silveryounglinkPosted 2/28/2014 10:19:27 AM
PMB has always been trash, it's especially bothersome for people with bandwidth caps who leave their computers on all the time. It's deceptive because after the games download manager closes, it continues to silently run in the background, seeding to other players, or at least I assume that's what it's doing.
#5SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 10:23:45 AM
That thing has always been a virus.
For those games I've found other sources to install from, or just never bothered.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6-CJF-Posted 2/28/2014 10:25:12 AM
It's not a virus, or at least, it wasn't. It does exactly what silveryounglink says. It's still annoying because it eats your bandwidth and causes lag.
#7SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 10:27:58 AM
-CJF- posted...
It's not a virus, or at least, it wasn't. It does exactly what silveryounglink says. It's still annoying because it eats your bandwidth and causes lag.

First, it installed without your permission.
It runs in the background sending unknown information to unknown people.
Slows your computer and your internet down.
It cannot be cleanly removed.

Sounds a lot like a virus to me.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8-CJF-Posted 2/28/2014 10:48:25 AM
Idk how it is now, but I had it installed about a year ago when I used to play a F2P game. It installs without your permission because publishers bundle it with the game. Any software could be bundled with another piece of software, that doesn't automatically make it a virus.

It slows down your internet because it seeds the game client to other peers. It is easily removed by just going to the control panel and uninstalling it, or stopped temporarily by ending it's process from the task manager.
#9TireseasPosted 2/28/2014 10:49:35 AM
You do give it permission to install, you probably aren't paying attention to when it mentions it though. The rest are more or less fair points.
---
More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself.
#10SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 10:49:47 AM
-CJF- posted...
Idk how it is now, but I had it installed about a year ago when I used to play a F2P game. It installs without your permission because publishers bundle it with the game. Any software could be bundled with another piece of software, that doesn't automatically make it a virus.

It slows down your internet because it seeds the game client to other peers. It is easily removed by just going to the control panel and uninstalling it, or stopped temporarily by ending it's process from the task manager.

Installed from a bundle.

We call those trojans.
---