This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Sharing released to the public!

#1calcyclePosted 2/28/2014 10:43:37 AM
Time to get a rich friend who owns everything so you never pay for games again!

Now you can play your friend's games when they are not playing a game. To give access all you have to do is log into their computer with your account and authorize access. This can be easily done through remote access programs and is pretty safe.

No trading cards, but hey, you get free games from your friends.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#2water1111Posted 2/28/2014 10:44:42 AM
Oh, steam legalized piracy now?
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#3SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 10:46:51 AM
water1111 posted...

Reported for admitting to piracy.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4TomoEK9Posted 2/28/2014 10:46:56 AM
water1111 posted...

i wasn't aware sharing was piracy
#5SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 10:47:46 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
water1111 posted...

LOL, uh....
So when people seed something, they aren't pirates, it's those that download it are the pirates. Good to know :D
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6TomoEK9Posted 2/28/2014 10:49:00 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
water1111 posted...

LOL, uh....
So when people seed something, they aren't pirates, it's those that download it are the pirates. Good to know :D

Except thats not the same at all.
#7SinisterSlayPosted 2/28/2014 10:50:28 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
water1111 posted...

LOL, uh....

But ubisoft says we're all dirty pirates!
---
#8PsythikPosted 2/28/2014 10:50:38 AM
Couldn't we always do this? I used to let my friends log into my Steam account all the time when I wasn't using it. Or is this on a per game basis level now? Cause if so that's pretty awesome.
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#9DawnshadowPosted 2/28/2014 10:56:50 AM
Psythik posted...
Couldn't we always do this? I used to let my friends log into my Steam account all the time when I wasn't using it. Or is this on a per game basis level now? Cause if so that's pretty awesome.

It's basically this, but you don't have to give them your info-- you just log in on their computer to link your accounts. Also, it has the advantage of you retaining the control-- they can't kick you out of your game, but you can kick them out when you want to play. It also means they can't, for example, get you VAC banned by cheating while in one of your games.

Only one person can be using a single account's game at a time, but it lets them "borrow" your games when you're not playing them.

water1111 posted...

Is lending a friend one of your books "piracy"? Or a console game disc you're not playing?
---
Pokemon X - 2664-2616-4997 - Munna, Sigilyph, Duosion - PM me!
#10TomoEK9Posted 2/28/2014 10:57:26 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
water1111 posted...

LOL, uh....

But ubisoft says we're all dirty pirates!

and that means anything how?