This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard admits Diablo 3 was crap

#1KillerTrufflePosted 2/28/2014 2:21:22 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/28/diablo-iii-interview-lead-designers-reflect-on-their-mistakes-look-ahead-to-reaper-of-souls/

So Blizzard finally came out and straight-up admitted what lots of us here have been saying since the very beginning - they f***'d up the release of the game, and the RMAH is largely to blame. The game design decisions they made pretty much all centered around supporting the RMAH. Rather than making it a good game, they built everything with the RMAH in mind, which screwed up item drops among other things.

They're sticking to their always online requirement tho, which is going to keep me away from the game, but at least they've supposedly fixed a lot of the game to make it more about having fun than it is about buying the gear you need in order to play. So it's one step in the right direction...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#2BogePosted 2/28/2014 2:22:02 PM
Goes to show you where Greed leads you.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#3Ch3wyPosted 2/28/2014 2:22:44 PM
I remember before it came out they were telling people they were over-hyping it.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#4jake-sfPosted 2/28/2014 2:28:09 PM(edited)
"We did all this for this and its bad even if we defended it."

"Let's laugh at the idiots believing we didn't know better and we'll do better now, we made a **** ton of cash from the RMAH and we cut it because the good press was worth more than the RMAH return after Diablo 3 died."

Please don't tell me anyone is gullible enough to think they actually started to see the horror they did only recently.

As if all of this wasn't so painfully obvious. And I'm in the "online only = **** you" boat. Until they change that, I am convinced that they don't give a crap about the game and its community. Its actually an entirely logical thing in this case. A developer worth anything at ALL would never have made that game online only. That is just a basic principle here.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#5r0ge00Posted 2/28/2014 2:27:44 PM
Haters - 1
Fanboys - 0
#6SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/28/2014 2:30:46 PM(edited)
lol@ people who complain about online only, then they go play POE.

People should quit crying and play the game now and see if they enjoy it.

It it really so bad if someone releases a game, turns out to have a lot of unpopular features, and they change it and people still cry. Stop being whiny babys and just game.
#7anthrax360xPosted 2/28/2014 2:28:34 PM
Boge posted...
Goes to show you where Gheed leads you.

---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
Lenovo Y500: | i7 3630QM 2.4ghz | 8gb ram | Nvidia GT750M 2gb | 1tb HDD
#8CatToyPosted 2/28/2014 2:29:48 PM
anthrax360x posted...
Boge posted...
Goes to show you where Gheed leads you.

Gambling is back in RoS, although you use a currency earned from bounties to gamble instead of gold.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#9TireseasPosted 2/28/2014 2:30:00 PM
Going to be honest with you, the RMAH option was a much better choice than D2's hackerfest and constant bots spamming "U gief zod nao kekekeke:" Anyone who doesn't get that is either an irredeemable twit, a bot maker themself, or never played D2 online as god intended.

Where they did **** up massively was in the lack of randomness in the game and the piss poor drop rates.
---
More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself.
#10r0ge00Posted 2/28/2014 2:34:35 PM
Tireseas posted...
Going to be honest with you, the RMAH option was a much better choice than D2's hackerfest and constant bots spamming "U gief zod nao kekekeke:" Anyone who doesn't get that is either an irredeemable twit, a bot maker themself, or never played D2 online as god intended.

The way god intended was through trading on d2jsp. Realistically they could have just put up a gold auction house in D3 and it would have been fine.