This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard admits Diablo 3 was crap

#81samuraigaidenPosted 2/28/2014 9:28:45 PM
JKatarn posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
Activision-owned Blizzard disgusts me. I've just read the interview. That guy is full of crap, spouting lies left and right to try and make it sound as if they had the best intentions when the game launched and they have the best intentions now.

The reality is that Diablo 3 is a flop and a disaster as far as development goes. Old Blizzard used to take their time with development to make their games as good as possible. This was not the case with Diablo 3's development.

They decided to reset Diablo 3's development after Torchlight was released (the developer Runic Games is a team formed by old Blizzard North staff, the people that made Diablo 1 and 2) because they were so unsure about the direction to take they felt the best way was imitation. This is the reason behind the more cartoony look of Diablo 3 character models.

Blizzard has become the opposite of what it used to be.

You might want to get your vision checked - just because some of the gear is brighter than in past games, does not make the models "cartooney" - if you were talking about Borderlands 2 or Torchlight 2, yeah, those have a cartooney look, but come on, clearly they're going for realism.

Compare D3's character models to Path of Exile's character models and you will clearly notice that D3 features more super deformed, big armed humans that don't respect basic human anatomy measures. This is AKA a cartoony look.
#82NingishzidaPosted 2/28/2014 9:42:10 PM
Anyone defending D3 isn't a veteran of D2, just ignore the trolls.

D2 is still the best game of its kind, and the Median XL: Ultimatum overhaul puts it far beyond the reach of anything in the foreseeable future.
#83Digital StormPosted 2/28/2014 9:45:03 PM
I haven't played Loot 2.0 but I'm looking forward to it when I get around to it. I spent a good 200 hours with vanilla D3 and I enjoyed it.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#84HydroCannabinolPosted 3/1/2014 7:42:32 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
JKatarn posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
Activision-owned Blizzard disgusts me. I've just read the interview. That guy is full of crap, spouting lies left and right to try and make it sound as if they had the best intentions when the game launched and they have the best intentions now.

The reality is that Diablo 3 is a flop and a disaster as far as development goes. Old Blizzard used to take their time with development to make their games as good as possible. This was not the case with Diablo 3's development.

They decided to reset Diablo 3's development after Torchlight was released (the developer Runic Games is a team formed by old Blizzard North staff, the people that made Diablo 1 and 2) because they were so unsure about the direction to take they felt the best way was imitation. This is the reason behind the more cartoony look of Diablo 3 character models.

Blizzard has become the opposite of what it used to be.

You might want to get your vision checked - just because some of the gear is brighter than in past games, does not make the models "cartooney" - if you were talking about Borderlands 2 or Torchlight 2, yeah, those have a cartooney look, but come on, clearly they're going for realism.

Compare D3's character models to Path of Exile's character models and you will clearly notice that D3 features more super deformed, big armed humans that don't respect basic human anatomy measures. This is AKA a cartoony look.

Dude the only "buff" character is the barb. You must be insane. Go look at the wd, dh, or wizzy and tell me they're disproportionate.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#85Bossdog421Posted 3/1/2014 8:20:37 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
JKatarn posted...
You should know that anybody who makes anything other than pejorative remarks about a "popular to hate" game is a fanboy.

He was hiding under the guise of agreeing that online only is bad, while also making excuses for why it's not that bad.

I'd say that defending online only DRM in any form can only be done by a ravenous fanboy. Nobody else would stoop to such a low level.

Or that most of us are online most of the time anyways and it doesn't really matter to us at all. Hell, i have appliances that make use of internet.

I even travel a lot each month for work, I have no issues with connectivity.

So really why should i care if a game requires me to be online? I'm online regardless.

If the only people that dont mind online only are fanboys, then everyone who hates it must be a pirate. Makes just as much sense...
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#86anonymous46773Posted 3/1/2014 8:37:39 AM(edited)
TheSchref posted...
They really seem to be making great improvements with the game and considering I did have some fun with D3 while it was "total crap", I'm somewhat excited for the expansion.

Anyway, I really don't understand the people that refuse to play the game until they have offline mode. Should they have it? Yes, absolutely, I'm not denying that. Playing online with friends and randoms is 90% of the fun, though.

"BUT I WANT TO PLAY LAN WITH MUH FRIENZ!"
Just play online. Nobody is going to bother you.

"BUT I DON'T HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION!"
Where the hell do you live?

I play by myself 100% of the time and I don't appreciate having latency issues when playing solo.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#87Damaged7Posted 3/1/2014 9:12:54 AM
Wow people are still crying over Diablo 3.

The game is fine, get over it.
---
Bold Text
#88avanentPosted 3/1/2014 11:06:00 AM(edited)
anonymous46773 posted...
TheSchref posted...
They really seem to be making great improvements with the game and considering I did have some fun with D3 while it was "total crap", I'm somewhat excited for the expansion.

Anyway, I really don't understand the people that refuse to play the game until they have offline mode. Should they have it? Yes, absolutely, I'm not denying that. Playing online with friends and randoms is 90% of the fun, though.

"BUT I WANT TO PLAY LAN WITH MUH FRIENZ!"
Just play online. Nobody is going to bother you.

"BUT I DON'T HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION!"
Where the hell do you live?

I play by myself 100% of the time and I don't appreciate having latency issues when playing solo.

I don't always play solo, but when I do I 100% agree with you.

Also, many people live in areas where Internet providers are inconstant and unreliable. I live in one of those areas. I live in a city of millions in an upper-middle class area; thanks to big conglomerates being the only choices, nobody has to pay for good infrastructure as long as neither competitor does... And so that's what happens. Over ten years of unreliable service because all three available providers are fine in agreeing to be lame.
#89Born LuckyPosted 3/1/2014 11:09:03 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
So Blizzard finally came out and straight-up admitted what lots of us here have been saying since the very beginning - they f***'d up the release of the game,

It wasn't just the release that's messed up.

The whole thing was badly conceived. They have ZERO respect for their customers . .. NONE.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#90Born LuckyPosted 3/1/2014 11:10:16 AM
Damaged7 posted...
Wow people are still crying over Diablo 3.

The game is fine, get over it.

People aren't "crying", they're telling the truth about it.

What? Are you some kind of sissy that's afraid of the truth?
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot