This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Exactly why did Microsoft include a Smartphone Interface in Windows 8?

#1Lord_Diablo13Posted 2/28/2014 9:06:03 PM
This is something I want to know since I don't use Windows 8. But what was the logic behind Microsoft putting a Smartphone Interface onto a Desktop OS? It doesn't even make sense in any perspective what so ever. I don't need my desktop to go through ANY changes. The Interface that was used since Windows 95(And I'm using in the Win 7 form) is good enough in my books.
---
The real threat to the gaming industry right now?
Lack of Net Neutrality and the ISPs like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast
#2Orestes417Posted 2/28/2014 9:08:50 PM
People made the same argument back when windows came out over dos and again when the start menu replaced the old ways of win 3.1 and again when ie got integrated into the 98 desktop and again when themes were added to xp... You begin to see a pattern?
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#3KillerTrufflePosted 2/28/2014 9:10:58 PM
"Why do companies keep trying to innovate? I'm perfectly fine with stagnation!"

Not all innovation leads to something better, but that's in no way an excuse to stop trying..
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4-5xad0w-Posted 2/28/2014 9:11:34 PM
I'm with TC.

And what the f*** is up with automobiles?

Horses work fine.

Anyway, I gotta head out to the trading post to barter some raw sugar and animal pelts.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#5steveboblarryPosted 2/28/2014 9:15:44 PM
Lord_Diablo13 posted...
This is something I want to know since I don't use Windows 8. But what was the logic behind Microsoft putting a Smartphone Interface onto a Desktop OS? It doesn't even make sense in any perspective what so ever. I don't need my desktop to go through ANY changes. The Interface that was used since Windows 95(And I'm using in the Win 7 form) is good enough in my books.

Well companies do need to innovate to keep up with the times however, MIcrosoft messed up.

They should have just given the user the ability to customize the interface more. but its basically water under the bridge now, Windows 9 will apparently be what 8 should have been.
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#6cancerstormPosted 2/28/2014 9:20:37 PM
is it hard for people to use a mouse now?
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#7KingDFizzlePosted 2/28/2014 9:20:44 PM
Because many people, such as the people posting in this thread, think innovation for the sake of innovation is always a good thing, even if it's obviously a terrible idea.
#8ShubPosted 2/28/2014 9:21:01 PM
Microsoft had an idea, they put it into practice, customers didn't like it, that's it.
Microsoft's original concept makes a lot of sense, too. It just didn't work out. Not everything always works out.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#9Orestes417Posted 2/28/2014 9:21:30 PM
In windows 8? Not at all. People just derp when they see larger icons
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#10KillerTrufflePosted 2/28/2014 9:22:37 PM
KingDFizzle posted...
Because many people, such as the people posting in this thread, think innovation for the sake of innovation is always a good thing, even if it's obviously a terrible idea.

Someone doesn't understand how innovation works, and apparently thinks it's a bad idea to try. Thankfully we have people who think otherwise, or we'd still be living in caves and smashing potential mates over the head with clubs.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23