This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pirates might now have something to fear?

#11urtvPosted 3/1/2014 5:26:48 AM
lucky i only listen to chinese songs
#12MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/1/2014 5:30:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13-CJF-Posted 3/1/2014 5:40:08 AM(edited)
This will not make a difference, if anything it's a lesser extreme of what's already been occurring. Rightscorp has no legal means of forcing pirates to pay the settlement without litigation. In fact, Rightscorp can't even find out whose account the IP address is tied to without going to court, which is why they pass the job of doing that onto the ISPs.

A fine of $20 per track is nothing compared to the $150,000+ extremes sometimes seen in copyright infringement cases which actually go to court. That actually sounds like a reasonable fine (if you're actually found guilty of infringement by a court) as opposed to the ridiculous amounts these companies try to charge now.
#14snesmaster40Posted 3/1/2014 6:15:29 AM
USA! USA! USA!
---
Are we not men?
#15Flaktrooper123Posted 3/1/2014 6:32:49 AM
Anyway, most torrent files are usually partially encrypted or packed. So you get for example, a whole album instead of individual files. There is just no way they can track individually other than hacking into the guy's computer which also incurs the said organization to infringe someone's privacy and they can be sued for that. And even if they don't, I dare them to sue a pirate who is in China or Iran.
#16-5xad0w-Posted 3/1/2014 6:34:08 AM
The only thing I fear be grapeshot.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#17Edavy89Posted 3/1/2014 10:13:40 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
lootwoman posted...
>US based ISPs
>Pirate websites will just move to a .co.uk or .fr domain.

Piratebay is already .se right?

Piratebay changes a lot lately. Sometimes more than a few times a week hah. They have been getting the run around all over. But yeah, i believe they've settled at .se for the time being.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#18BogePosted 3/1/2014 11:19:22 AM
I'm not sure I'd even care much if I got busted from pirating (I didn't say I do). What is it, a fine and prison? Well, I'm broke, so I can't pay anything, and prison would just be room and board for me since I might be looking at homelessness in the future anyway. I'll just make sure I smuggle in some lube.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#19DaedalusExPosted 3/1/2014 11:39:57 AM(edited)
And if I were to receive one of these fines and refuse to pay, what then? It's going to cost them a lot more than $20 to pursue it. No for-profit company is going to do that, so I don't see how this is enforceable.
#20blax34dmPosted 3/1/2014 1:11:16 PM
-5xad0w- posted...
The only thing I fear be grapeshot.

Laughed pretty hard at this 10/10