This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My PC isn't turning on.... Help

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 3/1/2014 10:22:10 AM
It was working fine last night, but when I woke up this morning it just wouldn't turn on. Everything is plugged in, so i'm not sure what's up.
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
#2-CJF-Posted 3/1/2014 10:40:36 AM
Is the switch on the back of the PSU on? Idk how it would get off, but it's worth checking. If it's plugged into a surge protector, try connecting it directly to the wall or another surge protector. If that doesn't work, it could still be the PSU itself, a loose cable inside the case, the power button on the case itself, or the motherboard. Those are the most likely issues.
#3thisongagainPosted 3/1/2014 10:42:47 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
It was working fine last night, but when I woke up this morning it just wouldn't turn on. Everything is plugged in, so i'm not sure what's up.

Your power supply is bad, so go out, and buy a new one they are easy to install, and only cost about 50 dollars new for 450 watt one. Bring your tower with you, and your local PC store will probably install it for you for a nominal fee.
#4BogePosted 3/1/2014 11:02:49 AM(edited)
Do your ceiling lights still work?

I heard a story about a PC help call from a guy that couldn't get his PC to turn on. After going through all these trouble shooting issues, the guy says something about looking with a flashlight. So the PC tech guy asks why he's using a flashlight and the customer says,"Because they power's out."
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#5IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 11:20:33 AM
-CJF- posted...
Is the switch on the back of the PSU on? Idk how it would get off, but it's worth checking. If it's plugged into a surge protector, try connecting it directly to the wall or another surge protector. If that doesn't work, it could still be the PSU itself, a loose cable inside the case, the power button on the case itself, or the motherboard. Those are the most likely issues.

I will check this stuff out

thisongagain posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...

Your power supply is bad, so go out, and buy a new one they are easy to install, and only cost about 50 dollars new for 450 watt one. Bring your tower with you, and your local PC store will probably install it for you for a nominal fee.

That'd suck considering I just put together the PC in January >_>

Boge posted...
Do your ceiling lights still work?

I heard a story about a PC help call from a guy that couldn't get his PC to turn on. After going through all these trouble shooting issues, the guy says something about looking with a flashlight. So the PC tech guy asks why he's using a flashlight and the customer says,"Because they power's out."

Oh... lol. Yes my power is on =p
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
#6IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 11:21:05 AM
Actually I found this seemingly helpful video that i'm going to follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk9BsjgjpqE
---
#7IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 1:45:26 PM
Ok... I tried the stuff posted here. Everything seems to be connected fine.

the stuff in the video mainly uses a power supply and motherboard tester... Both of which I don't have
---
#8kill2thisPosted 3/1/2014 1:49:20 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Ok... I tried the stuff posted here. Everything seems to be connected fine.

the stuff in the video mainly uses a power supply and motherboard tester... Both of which I don't have

Can you get access to a multimeter?
#9IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 2:11:46 PM
Not that i'm aware of, but I'll ask my parents when they get home. Is it the same thing you use on cars?
---
#10Hanlo_is_backPosted 3/1/2014 2:14:03 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Not that i'm aware of, but I'll ask my parents when they get home. Is it the same thing you use on cars?

It's what you use to read voltage/resistance/amperage/continuity/etc. They look like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Digital_Multimeter_Aka.jpg
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum