This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I actually think ESO is going to succeed.

#31aaron1111Posted 3/1/2014 4:56:08 PM
kill_distroy posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
The amount and length of the damn loading screens in ES:O is a pretty big reason why I won't buy it. I'm playing a MMO made in 2014 on a beastly machine I don't want to sit for 30+seconds for a MMO. Also loading screens for fail stuff like going into a hut. Like really? What year is this 2003?

My loading screens don't take more than a couple of seconds. I've asked around and that seems to be the case for most, so I'm not quite sure why you have that problem.

Same here. Only several seconds on My end.
#32EpicKingdom_Posted 3/1/2014 5:07:33 PM
So I know a little bit about Skryrim, but nothing of ESO. What's the idea here? We all play Skyrim MMO's wise and kill DWAGONS for raids?
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#33Cool_Dude667Posted 3/1/2014 5:23:19 PM(edited)
aaron1111 posted...
kill_distroy posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
The amount and length of the damn loading screens in ES:O is a pretty big reason why I won't buy it. I'm playing a MMO made in 2014 on a beastly machine I don't want to sit for 30+seconds for a MMO. Also loading screens for fail stuff like going into a hut. Like really? What year is this 2003?

My loading screens don't take more than a couple of seconds. I've asked around and that seems to be the case for most, so I'm not quite sure why you have that problem.

Yeah, he probably has a really old and crappy HDD, and then he blames it on the game.

Stay classy.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#34Benjamin_ButtonPosted 3/1/2014 10:39:31 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
blax34dm posted...
FF14 is hanging in there so far and thats basically wow with a ff skin on top. If ESO can deliver a truly unique end game experience it has a chance.

FF14? Hangingin there? XD

Oh lawd

Except it is doing quite well actually.

that is literally what I meant.

I know FFXIV is doing better than good and was appalled when it was said that it was "hanging in there". Its only to continue to improve through the years if Squeenix handles it the way it did FFXI
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#35RavenoussdPosted 3/1/2014 10:51:29 PM
i think after WoW "dies" then make a "new" "MMO"
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
#36TheWarhammeronlPosted 3/1/2014 10:58:56 PM
I don't really like the logic being used here.

So just because this isn't becoming an over-hyped "WoW killer" like most MMOs, that means by some twist, since the public is reacting differently to this MMO, that it will turn out great?

That is really dumb reasoning.
I never saw any rational people believe that WAR, AoC, or SWTOR was actually going to be a WoW killer.

It will have to turn out great by it's own mertis, which so far in my opinion, it has not proven itself to be worth a monthly subscription.

Would I buy it if it was a 1 time $60 fee? Probably.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#37nickizgr8Posted 3/2/2014 2:47:50 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
aaron1111 posted...
kill_distroy posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

Yeah, he probably has a really old and crappy HDD, and then he blames it on the game.

Stay classy.

Says the guy with the GTX 670 LOL!

But anyway if other people are having quick loading times then I can guess I can account it to when I played it just wasn't as stable as it is now. I would try it out but I really can't be bothered to boot up the game to check. But still the amount of loading screens ,even if they are only a few seconds each, is quite appalling. It totally ruins immersion and like I said this is 2014 I shouldn't have to sit through a loading screen to enter a small house/hut. Loading an entire new area I'm okay with a loading screen but once I get into that area there should be no loading screens.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#38Majoras_pantsPosted 3/2/2014 2:54:43 AM
I would be all over ESO if they changed the pricing model.

But I refuse to buy a game (and future expansions), pay a monthly fee to play it and STILL have a microtransaction store shoved down my throat.

They need to either drop the initial price of the game, drop the subscription cost or drop the store all together.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#39Majoras_pantsPosted 3/2/2014 2:55:00 AM
Also, Elder Scrolls without mods? Ehhhh
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer