This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you Guys think PC gaming will ever be as 'mainstream' as consoles?

#1locky723Posted 3/1/2014 1:03:10 PM
By that I mean that while a lot of people are PC gamers, a lot also aren't because, from what I've seen/heard, they're scared of the price and complexity. Lately there's seemed to be more PC gamers... But do you think ittll ever rise to console levels? Why or why not? I think it will because of stuff like the steam box, and people are using the internet to find out that it's not that hard to build a PC.
#2Blobs_Posted 3/1/2014 1:03:53 PM(edited)
Probably
---
not
#3jake-sfPosted 3/1/2014 1:06:03 PM
Its getting more mainstream every year, and thats a bad thing.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#4LoshadtPosted 3/1/2014 1:07:23 PM
jake-sf posted...

I'm inclined to agree.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#5locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 1:08:39 PM
jake-sf posted...

I'm guessing that's bad because mainstream= getting simpler and aimed toward everyone?
#6The_Count_FooPosted 3/1/2014 1:11:33 PM
Well companies are developing more basic user friendly designs like that Razer box with hot swap hardware. Any monkey could do that so if those get popular a lot of console people would be a lot less threatened by hardware and upgrading.
---
Divided by night...
#7LoshadtPosted 3/1/2014 1:12:22 PM
locky723 posted...
I'm guessing that's bad because mainstream= getting simpler and aimed toward everyone?

If it were only that it wouldn't be so bad. Why can companies like Sony and Microsoft f*** their customer base like a cheap prostitute and still make tons of money from them? Because they say "well at least I'm not entitled!" and politely ask for seconds.

Just look at the Sony press conference. The console userbase is so used to getting screwed over that when Sony said they wouldn't go to their houses and gas their pets people applauded.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#8ThePCElitistPosted 3/1/2014 1:14:26 PM
Not as long as people are content with mediocrity and make claims that 1080p is inferior to 720p because of bogus reasons. Basically ignorance will keep it from becoming as mainstream as consoles.
#9JiazhenPosted 3/1/2014 1:14:45 PM
PC gaming will never be as mainstream as consoles. Heck, an illiterate 12 year old knows how to turn on a Xbox.
---
Phenom II 925 | GTS250 SLI | Corsair Dominator 8GB | GA-990FXA-UD5 | 840 EVO 250GB | 3TB | HX620 | Carbide 200r
#10locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 1:15:42 PM
Loshadt posted...
locky723 posted...

If it were only that it wouldn't be so bad. Why can companies like Sony and Microsoft f*** their customer base like a cheap prostitute and still make tons of money from them? Because they say "well at least I'm not entitled!" and politely ask for seconds.

Just look at the Sony press conference. The console userbase is so used to getting screwed over that when Sony said they wouldn't go to their houses and gas their pets people applauded.

I feel that the whole console ecosystem is fudged up. Xbox and playstation have lots of rumors of being sold off, the wii u has games but everyone hates it because it's not super powerfull, the fanboys are getting even more ridiculous lately... And then there's PC just... Evolving :p