This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you Guys think PC gaming will ever be as 'mainstream' as consoles?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you Guys think PC gaming will ever be as 'mainstream' as consoles?
2 years ago#21
ShadowThaReaper posted...
That's because you're a casual who hates hardcore games.

Right... because Super Mario 3D world is so Hardcore.

None of this is true. Ghosts is also on the Wii U. Lying is pathetic.

Never said it didnt.

That's more like what Microsoft and Sony are doing. Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2, when no one else would. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, who are throwing money at crap like console exclusive DLC for the games they can't buy off.

Wat? There are three games i am currently looking forward to and all of them will be available on the PS4, One, and PC.

How many Pokemon games are Coming to the PC? How many Zelda Games will we be seeing on the PC? How many Mario Games will be on the PC?

First Party Sony and Microsoft games are awful, for the most part. Where as First party Nintendo games are usually decent, wouldnt mind playing them... But not dropping the money on a useless gimmick console
---
Currently Playing: HearthStone, FFXIV, Banished, Borderlands 2, XCOM: EW
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
2 years ago#22
It's already become more mainstream than consoles, if you consider all types of PC gaming, including browser games, online poker, facebook games, etc.

Most people who consider themselves "PC gamers" don't consider those types of games as PC games, but they also hate The Sims and that's one of the best selling PC game franchises of all time.

My point is there are more PCs than consoles out there, and if you consider all types of games played on PCs, gaming on PCs surpasses gaming on consoles in popularity.
2 years ago#23
Of course. If the next console gen fails as much as this one does, I fully expect PC to be the dominant gaming platform before 2020.
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
2 years ago#24
rwfan2c posted...
Right... because Super Mario 3D world is so Hardcore.

I doubt you could even beat it. But, no. More like Monster Hunter, Wonderful 101, and Donkey Kong. You couldn't handle any of those games, because they're not Call of Duty.

There are three games i am currently looking forward to and all of them will be available on the PS4, One, and PC.

Yay.

Personally, I want Killer Instinct.
2 years ago#25
jake-sf posted...
Its getting more mainstream every year, and thats a bad thing.

this
2 years ago#26
I doubt you could even beat it.

lol, Sure.

More like Monster Hunter, Wonderful 101, and Donkey Kong.

I have heard good things about Wonderful 101 wouldn't mind playing it. And Always liked the Monster Hunter series. Donkey Kong falls into that 'Platforming' Category That i have despised since the early 90's. Not that im bad at them, i just find them incredibly boring.

You couldn't handle any of those games, because they're not Call of Duty.

havn't played a CoD since Black Ops.

All of this however is irrelevant, since i still refuse to pay any money for gimmicky worthless piece of hardware.
---
Currently Playing: HearthStone, FFXIV, Banished, Borderlands 2, XCOM: EW
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
2 years ago#27
If by mainstream you mean that there will be a gaming PC in every home, no, probably not.

It's probably easier then ever to build a gaming PC as long as one side of your brain is working.

However, just the fact that some genuine (albeit not TOO much) work and research is involved to make sure your PC runs well and that the cost is ~$600 for something that is definitely stronger then consoles is enough for some people not to commit.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#29
Maybe if the steam machince takes off, but probably not. PCs are expensive and complicated.
---
Season 4 Tier list updated 2/15/14
http://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/12543389223/
2 years ago#30
Yeah, I do. Consoles are becoming more and more like PCs. It's now possible to get an entry level gaming PC for just slightly more than next gen consoles. The Steam Box and its equivalents should help people looking to break into PC gaming too.

I don't really care either way, I just wish we could start seeing more console exclusive games released on PC, and that includes previous gen games too.

Imagine Gears of War, God of War, FFX/2 HD, Kingdom Hearts, Dante's Inferno, RDR, The Last of Us, Uncharted, etc., being playable on PC natively, without emulation and with Steam sales. PC is such a diverse and flexible platform, I wish companies would take advantage of it more.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you Guys think PC gaming will ever be as 'mainstream' as consoles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived