This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people imply that hardcore PC gamers even want these "console exclusives"

#21MichaelWStevensPosted 3/1/2014 5:16:05 PM
BendoHendo posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
Because even the most hardcore PC gamers can admit that Zelda, Mario and Metroid are amongst the best of the best

Not me. I'm a grown ass man and I do not play games aimed at "Everyone".

--

You're so edgy.
#22glory of power metalPosted 3/1/2014 5:27:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23urtvPosted 3/1/2014 5:47:05 PM
BendoHendo posted...
triple s posted...
This may sound crazy...but not everyone has the same taste in games that you do. Which is even more hilarious because I haven't heard of most of the games in your list.

Then you must have rather philistine tastes in games. Cultured gamers know of the ones in my OP.

--

cultured gamers know that agarest was a ps3 game way before it became a pc game
#24jgatlabayanPosted 3/1/2014 6:03:58 PM
glory of power metal posted...
BendoHendo posted...
I consider myself a hardcore gamer as well as an intellectual.

Read that as insufferable douche :\

this
---
i7 2600k @ 5ghz/ GTX 780 /Asrock z77 Extreme4 /16gb DDR3-1600 / 240gb ssd /4tb hdd/BenQ XL2420T 24in 120hz /NZXT Phantom Case/ Noctua Nh d14/ all major consoles
#25DerPancakePosted 3/1/2014 6:10:51 PM
glory of power metal posted...
BendoHendo posted...
I consider myself a hardcore gamer as well as an intellectual.

Read that as insufferable douche :\

Casual
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#26Fade2black001Posted 3/1/2014 6:15:55 PM
TC is an ignorant gamer and him calling himself an intellectual and hardcore gamer is a complete joke.

Please troll more. Wait no don't do that
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#27josh_bPosted 3/1/2014 6:20:03 PM
Im a Hardcore PC and even i can admit some of the best gaming experiences of my life were on a console.

Shadow of the Colossus-
Uncharted 2
Final Fantasy 7
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid
The Last of Us
GTA 5

All those games above are the pinnacle of gaming for me and offered me experiences that i will remember forever. Pc gaming simply does not have games like that. Pc games to me offer me a different experience.

Pc gaming is more about the community and the overall online gaming experience. Which can be amazing and great fun but doesn't carry the lasting impression that a lot of the console games ive played over the years have given me.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585
#28TowerBooks3192Posted 3/1/2014 6:37:09 PM
Sorry mate. I still love pokemon and dynasty warriors empires series.I mainly play strategy though as PC is the only one that has all the great strategy games.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#29HenryKazukaPosted 3/1/2014 7:29:46 PM
BendoHendo posted...
And you literally couldn't pay me to play 95% of these philistine "console exclusives" that the console gamers spout as masterpieces.

So, the other 5% you would play, right?
What happens when you do that? Do you feel like filth?

BendoHendo posted...
I have a list on my PC of anticiapted PC releases, and not one is a console game. Not a one

You listed Record of Agarest War and Agarest: Generations of War as different games. Also the game was first released back in 2007 for the PS3 and it was ported for PC on 2013

BendoHendo posted...
I consider myself a hardcore gamer as well as an intellectual

If you were hardcore or even a little smart you'd realize that where the game is released doesn't matter. It's all about the game and the enjoyment that comes with it. You are just narrowing your selection of games with something arbitrary (platform in this case). That doesn't make you hardcore, it makes you a fanboy.
---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!
#30Majoras_pantsPosted 3/1/2014 7:34:56 PM
The vast majority of games I want are on PC. And the majority of exclusives I want are PC.

But there are some great games that don't make it to PC. For the most part, consoles are casual gaming machines but sometimes they get goodies that we don't get.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer