This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

best laptop under $1500 for gaming?

#1staticxtreme5Posted 3/1/2014 6:04:34 PM
Topic.
#2anthrax360xPosted 3/1/2014 8:13:15 PM
http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/qosmio/X70/X70-ABT3G22

That is quite a steal, even if you add an extra $100 on for another 4gb of RAM. I haven't seen a laptop with a 770m for under $1200. So while its actually a bit below your budget, its worth a look.
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
Lenovo Y500: | i7 3630QM 2.4ghz | 8gb ram | Nvidia GT750M 2gb | 1tb HDD
#3staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 8:25:31 PM
Damn, that is a nice laptop.... Too bad the deal ends 3/3 :(

I was actually going to have to wait until the 7th when I get my bonus from work. I'll keep it in mind though, maybe they will extend or renew that deal for a bit longer.
#4blax34dmPosted 3/1/2014 9:18:59 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Damn, that is a nice laptop.... Too bad the deal ends 3/3 :(

I was actually going to have to wait until the 7th when I get my bonus from work. I'll keep it in mind though, maybe they will extend or renew that deal for a bit longer.

dude put it on your cc or something thats a great deal
#5staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 9:20:09 PM
Update:

Anyone wanting this deal can save it in the cart for later. The sale price will stay for 15 days, so if you save it before the 3rd, you'll have up to the 18th to actually order it.

Also I have a question for you guys about the configuration of this laptop. What should I do with the HDD selection? I can go with a 750GB 5400rpm model, a 500GB 7200rpm model, or a 1TB with 8GB SSD Hybrid drive (5400rpm for the 1TB). I cant really afford to upgrade to a full SSD, so out of these options, which should I choose from a gaming perspective? I currently have the 7200rpm model selected. I don't care so much about the actual storage space, just the actual performance in a gaming situation, unless the difference is not going to be noticeable at all, then Ill just go the cheapest route to save a little cash.
#6EpicKingdom_Posted 3/1/2014 9:44:58 PM
Why spend that much on a laptop when you could do the same for a build? It's not hard at all to build a PC these days.
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#7staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 10:51:35 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Why spend that much on a laptop when you could do the same for a build? It's not hard at all to build a PC these days.

Yeah, I realize that but I don't want a desktop. I want something portable that can be played on the go. I'm not the most hardcore gamer, so I don't have to have the best of the best in terms of graphical settings or FPS, just something decent enough and reliable.
#8PharohofLaptopsPosted 3/2/2014 5:10:53 AM(edited)
Laptop and Gaming do not go together.
#9The_Count_FooPosted 3/2/2014 6:19:15 AM
PharohofLaptops posted...

It looks to me like that laptop will run games just fine. You just have to pay extra for laptops.
---
Divided by night...
#10nonexistingheroPosted 3/2/2014 6:34:37 AM
The_Count_Foo posted...
PharohofLaptops posted...

It looks to me like that laptop will run games just fine. You just have to pay extra for laptops.

Pretty much. Mine can do decent gaming, but I do plan on building a desktop at some point for some proper gaming.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.