This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to build a computer from scratch that will outperform PS4 @ $400?

#101ClouddxPosted 3/4/2014 11:49:46 AM
Drelkag posted...
You'd have to spend another $200 or so to get as good or better than the PS4 OP, so no. Trying to cram something that does what a PS4 can and much more on equal price levels is just asking for disappointment.

Not true, a $500 PC can now run Titanfall better than the XB1.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#102ConkerPosted 3/4/2014 11:50:00 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Of course it does. That's why the combo exists. Pack unappealing items with popular items to secure more sales.

Of course it does what? How wouldn't it be appealing to have a $400 combo with a GPU over a $300 one without? That makes no sense.

I didn't ever ask about PS4 deals. I asked why you think they don't do a PS4-killer combo deal. You just ignored it and started rambling about console bundles.

Uhh, it's the same thing without me having to repeatedly type "super killer-combo" deal. They're all bundles of products. I also didn't ignore it at all, I literally posted a combo deal example of the One, Titanfall, and a month of Live for the same price as a One normally. You think a title "SUPERCOMBO" means it's somehow different than a deal? It's just a combo of items that normally sell separately, bundled together to make them more appealing, and console manufacturers do EXACTLY the same thing as Newegg does with their parts combos. Are you really even arguing this?

I'm saying why isn't combo C up there as a thing, and giving a rational common-sense explanation while you plug (eyes?) and say the reason is wrong.

How is that plugging my eyes and saying it's wrong? You're saying that a product that is in another combo that would make perfect sense in some other combo, I can't WISH they'd do? Do you even get what my original post said? It was saying that it'd be nice if they did do it, making it more appealing as a gaming build that someone would buy. You're arguing the WHY...WHO F***ING CARES, it doesn't mean it wouldn't be an appealing combo, regardless of your explanations of why the current combos are what mix of products. Seriously, WHY THE F*** DOES IT MATTER? Whether they're getting rid of a low-selling product or promoting a new product they got a ton of inventory in for, it doesn't matter...it would still be a great combo by taking the GPU from one and also having it with the other combo. They could keep all of the other combos exactly the same, thus not even taking away from the point you're arguing, SINCE THEY'D STILL HAVE THOSE PARTS WITH OTHER COMBOS TO SELL.

It's like:

1. TV and a movie combo deal.
2. TV, a Blu-Ray player, and a pair of shoes combo deal.
3. Blu-Ray player and a pair of shoes combo deal.

I'm saying it'd be nice if they made a TV, Blur-Ray player, movie, AND shoe combo deal. REGARDLESS of why (excess stock) they're bundling the shoes with everything else, that doesn't mean they can't bundle them with the other items as well in a more enticing package.

And regardless of the why, I'm simply saying it would be nice and you ORIGINALLY argued that those deals are too good to be true at ~20% off, when that was even inaccurate.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#103DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/4/2014 11:55:34 AM
Conker posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Of course it does. That's why the combo exists. Pack unappealing items with popular items to secure more sales.

Of course it does what? How wouldn't it be appealing to have a $400 combo with a GPU over a $300 one without? That makes no sense.

I didn't ever ask about PS4 deals. I asked why you think they don't do a PS4-killer combo deal. You just ignored it and started rambling about console bundles.

Uhh, it's the same thing without me having to repeatedly type "super killer-combo" deal. They're all bundles of products. I also didn't ignore it at all, I literally posted a combo deal example of the One, Titanfall, and a month of Live for the same price as a One normally. You think a title "SUPERCOMBO" means it's somehow different than a deal? It's just a combo of items that normally sell separately, bundled together to make them more appealing, and console manufacturers do EXACTLY the same thing as Newegg does with their parts combos. Are you really even arguing this?

I'm saying why isn't combo C up there as a thing, and giving a rational common-sense explanation while you plug (eyes?) and say the reason is wrong.

How is that plugging my eyes and saying it's wrong? You're saying that a product that is in another combo that would make perfect sense in some other combo, I can't WISH they'd do? Do you even get what my original post said? It was saying that it'd be nice if they did do it, making it more appealing as a gaming build that someone would buy. You're arguing the WHY...WHO F***ING CARES, it doesn't mean it wouldn't be an appealing combo, regardless of your explanations of why the current combos are what mix of products. Seriously, WHY THE F*** DOES IT MATTER? Whether they're getting rid of a low-selling product or promoting a new product they got a ton of inventory in for, it doesn't matter...it would still be a great combo by taking the GPU from one and also having it with the other combo. They could keep all of the other combos exactly the same, thus not even taking away from the point you're arguing, SINCE THEY'D STILL HAVE THOSE PARTS WITH OTHER COMBOS TO SELL.

It's like:

1. TV and a movie combo deal.
2. TV, a Blu-Ray player, and a pair of shoes combo deal.
3. Blu-Ray player and a pair of shoes combo deal.

I'm saying it'd be nice if they made a TV, Blur-Ray player, movie, AND shoe combo deal. REGARDLESS of why (excess stock) they're bundling the shoes with everything else, that doesn't mean they can't bundle them with the other items as well in a more enticing package.

And regardless of the why, I'm simply saying it would be nice and you ORIGINALLY argued that those deals are too good to be true at ~20% off, when that was even inaccurate.

Are you daft?
No one ever asked about any kind of PS4 deal or super killer combo deal or anything to do with PS4 besides you.
Seriously, are you just trolling or can you really not read at all?

How does why not matter? It's why they would or wouldn't do it. Not my fault that reality got your panties in a knot. Seriously, grow up.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#104ConkerPosted 3/4/2014 12:16:38 PM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Are you daft?
No one ever asked about any kind of PS4 deal or super killer combo deal or anything to do with PS4 besides you.

ME DAFT? ROFL, duuuude!!! You literally tried to make a point relating the Newegg deals to the PS4 and why it hasn't had any combo deals. You were the first person in our discussion to mention it saying this:

"Well, since you're throwing a tizzy over it, why do you think they don't do a super PS4-killer combo deal then?"

I never said ANYTHING about the PS4 or consoles until you asked me that question. At which point I answered pretty damn clearly about it. Are you sure YOU aren't the one trolling?

How does why not matter? It's why they would or wouldn't do it. Not my fault that reality got your panties in a knot. Seriously, grow up.

It doesn't matter because I didn't say anything about reasons or explanations for it. Everytime someone says, "It'd be nice to have a 15% off deal on a Steam game." Do you explain to them why they don't currently have that deal?

It makes no sense why you're arguing the why, when that literally was not the point of what I've been saying at all. Not only that but the why doesn't matter if it's simply wishful thinking...like, "Oh it'd be nice if they had this specific combo, instead of all those parts in a few separate combos." I know why they don't and said various reasons already, so why would someone continue arguing about it if they're not trolling?

That also doesn't negate the fact it would be nice to see better combos that are more appealing with the parts that are already on sale anyways...versus you bringing up a product that isn't on sale or in a combo at all. Which is completely different.

I've worked in marketing for a while, so personally I would say I could probably come up with a better deal in this field for Newegg anyways, but that's subjective so I won't even get into that.
---
#105DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/4/2014 12:16:45 PM
Conker posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Are you daft?

ME DAFT? ROFL, duuuude!!! You literally tried to make a point relating the Newegg deals to the PS4 and why it hasn't had any combo deals.

"Well, since you're throwing a tizzy over it, why do you think they don't do a super PS4-killer combo deal then?"

I never said ANYTHING about the PS4 or consoles until you asked me that question. At which point I pretty much answered pretty damn clearly about it. Are you sure YOU aren't the one trolling?

It doesn't matter because I didn't say anything about reasons or explanations for it. Everytime someone says, "It'd be nice to have a 15% off deal on a Steam game." Do you explain to them why they don't currently have that deal? It makes no sense why you're arguing the why, when that literally was not the point of what I've been saying at all. Not only that but the why doesn't matter if it's simply wishful thinking...like, "Oh it'd be nice if they had this specific combo, instead of all those parts in a few separate combos." I know why they don't, and said various reasons already, that doesn't negate the fact it would be nice to see better combos that are more appealing with the parts that are already on sale anyways. I've worked in marketing for a while, so personally I would say I could probably come up with a better deal in this field for Newegg anyways, but that's subjective so I won't even get into that.

That question has nothing to do with the PS4 or consoles. What do you think a "PS4-Killer" is?

If there's a clear and logical reason for why that game doesn't have a 15% off deal? Yes, actually, I do. Why are you so afraid of knowledge?
---
#106ConkerPosted 3/4/2014 12:26:33 PM
So basically the part about the PS4 was just a misunderstanding in the wording. Exactly the problem with you...instead of clarifying that when I replied about the consoles, you side-stepped it to argue about an i5 build.

And yes, personally I think that Newegg doesn't have the right combos for certain items if they wanted to sell more. There is absolutely nothing negative that would come from offering a GTX 650ti with their $300 i3 combo deal, or numerous other deals they have. Actually, they DO those kinds of deals, they just don't advertise them as a "console killer" combo deal.

If there's a clear and logical reason for why that game doesn't have a 15% off deal? Yes, actually, I do. Why are you so afraid of knowledge?

I'm not afraid of knowledge at all, I just don't give a s*** about something I didn't ask about from some random internet poster that has no tact in how they approach a conversation so they come off as argumentative and annoying.

Is it unreasonable to simply agree it'd be a nice deal? Of course it is for you and you have to post (inaccurately) about how it's "too good to be true" and 20% discounts (which was even wrong). That's probably some social disorder you have or personal problem, though. So I don't know why I bother replying.
---
#107ArkonBladePosted 3/4/2014 12:27:41 PM
For $400 with all you listed... No.

for about $600 you could build some thing near that and always upgradable to be more powerful.

Toss in a GTX 760 down the road for $250 and yes now more powerful.

Though you are always saving money on buying games with the all the sales. So worth having a PC and knowing you can always make it more powerful down the road.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#108DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/4/2014 12:28:45 PM
Conker posted...
So basically the part about the PS4 was just a misunderstanding in the wording. Exactly the problem with you...instead of clarifying that when I replied about the consoles, you side-stepped it to argue about an i5 build.

And yes, personally I think that Newegg doesn't have the right combos for certain items if they wanted to sell more. There is absolutely nothing negative that would come from offering a GTX 650ti with their $300 i3 combo deal, or numerous other deals they have. Actually, they DO those kinds of deals, they just don't advertise them as a "console killer" combo deal.

I'm not afraid of knowledge at all, I just don't give a s*** about something I didn't ask about from some random internet poster that has no tact in how they approach a conversation so they come off as argumentative and annoying.

Is it unreasonable to simply agree it'd be a nice deal? Of course it is for you and you have to post (inaccurately) about how it's "too good to be true" and 20% discounts (which was even wrong). That's probably some social disorder you have or personal problem, though. So I don't know why I bother replying.

So why not buy the $300 combo and add the GPU? Why does it need to be a combo if that's all you want?
Not that a 650Ti competes with PS4 at all.

And if you "don't give a s***", why throw a big fit about it?
---
#109Tucker_BAPosted 3/4/2014 12:32:43 PM
Give it a year or two, and sure. Maybe by then the PS4 will have an exclusive worth owning.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#110ClouddxPosted 3/4/2014 12:34:59 PM(edited)
Conker posted...
That's probably some social disorder you have or personal problem, though. So I don't know why I bother replying.

Wow, flinging personal insults. You surely know how to get ahead in an argument. You probably bother responding because it's some social disorder where you have to have the last word.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S