This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to build a computer from scratch that will outperform PS4 @ $400?

#131Infinity8378Posted 3/5/2014 5:03:58 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Comparing the two is ignorant and pathetic.

PC newbies think that because the PS4 is x86 based, they can just compare numbers.

That's why people think Wii U is weaker than PS3.
---
There's only one PS4 killer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjqPAbC-ECs&feature=youtu.be
#132DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 5:14:09 PM
Conker posted...
And please, PLEASE, show me where I threw a massive tizzy. I'd love even just one quote that indicates so.

This entire topic. Especially those silly half-assed attempts at personal insults.

Conker posted...
How is selling an additional part that someone may otherwise not purchase from the same place, not a benefit to the retailer? Especially when that same build can be had for the same total price if you buy the extra part(s) individually with promos?

Because the amount of secured sales isn't worth the extra discount. Especially when Newegg is already the go-to retailer, with reputable service and affordable shipping.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#133ConkerPosted 3/5/2014 6:22:33 PM
Yup, sure thing! Nice examples!

ROFL, your point about Newegg is like saying, "Why would Wal-Mart have a sale on that when they have a sale on everything else?" Keep on going you logistical expert you!
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#134godplaysSNESPosted 3/5/2014 6:25:06 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Comparing the two is ignorant and pathetic.

PC newbies think that because the PS4 is x86 based, they can just compare numbers.

Technically you can. Optimization will play its part, but in terms of raw horsepower, higher is better.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#135DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 6:39:42 PM
Conker posted...

ROFL, your point about Newegg is like saying, "Why would Wal-Mart have a sale on that when they have a sale on everything else?" Keep on going you logistical expert you!

It's more like "why would walmart give you a discount on something that's selling out without one".
Not that you could possibly admit to that at this point, since you're just stuck on the whole "internet argument" bit.
---
#136ConkerPosted 3/5/2014 7:04:40 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Conker posted...

It's more like "why would walmart give you a discount on something that's selling out without one".
Not that you could possibly admit to that at this point, since you're just stuck on the whole "internet argument" bit.

Because the item(s) we're talking about aren't selling out without one. It's already in other combo deals and on a promo as is, thus being discounted.

And how am I stuck on the "internet argument," when I'm the one who originally made a wishful thinking post and you made a pointless reply that accomplished nothing (well except to point out NOTHING knowledgeable, but you're diluted enough to think you were educating me on Newegg's deals and %'s, which you weren't even accurate on).

Seriously, what was the point of your reply? Was it going to spark interesting conversation? Was it to prove something about how Newegg doesn't usually have deals that are, "too good to be true" even though they have deals like that all the time? Was it to inaccurately point out that their supercombos aren't usually 20% off (even though what I originally said of a $75-100 discount is only a 13-17% discount at most, which is equal to combos they do everyday)?

What was your goal? You say it was to make me more knowledgeable, but you weren't even correct in your first reply.
---
#137DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 7:08:39 PM
Conker posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Conker posted...

Because the item(s) we're talking about aren't selling out without one. It's already in other combo deals and on a promo as is, thus being discounted.

And how am I stuck on the "internet argument," when I'm the one who originally made a wishful thinking post and you made a pointless reply that accomplished nothing (well except to point out NOTHING knowledgeable, but you're diluted enough to think you were educating me on Newegg's deals and %'s, which you weren't even accurate on).

Seriously, what was the point of your reply? Was it going to spark interesting conversation? Was it to prove something about how Newegg doesn't usually have deals that are, "too good to be true" even though they have deals like that all the time? Was it to inaccurately point out that their supercombos aren't usually 20% off (even though what I originally said of a $75-100 discount is only a 13-17% discount at most, which is equal to combos they do everyday)?

What was your goal? You say it was to make me more knowledgeable, but you weren't even correct in your first reply.

Except that obviously, the discounted items are already helping sales. No need to throw away more profit.

And yes, you are stuck on that, seeing as you threw a fit about my rational explanation, and still are.
---
#138ConkerPosted 3/5/2014 8:32:21 PM
No need to "throw away" more profit in a deal that would sell additional products? That makes no sense and indicates your lack of marketing knowledge.

And no, I'm not stuck on anything. You couldn't even explain what I'm stuck on if you tried, because you"d just say, "You've been doing it this whole topic." Even though it's you whose been arguing needlessly.
---
#139DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 8:53:29 PM
Conker posted...
No need to "throw away" more profit in a deal that would sell additional products? That makes no sense and indicates your lack of marketing knowledge.

And no, I'm not stuck on anything. You couldn't even explain what I'm stuck on if you tried, because you"d just say, "You've been doing it this whole topic." Even though it's you whose been arguing needlessly.

They're already selling well enough, obviously. If it would make them more money, they'd do it. And they don't. Do you get that yet?

You say that, and yet you're still here, stuck on the same thing.
---
#140ConkerPosted 3/5/2014 8:58:42 PM
Except you "obviously" don't know what is and isn't selling "well enough" or the purpose behind various deals.

Do you think the Xbox One and Titanfall will sell "well enough?" Based on your point, Microsoft wouldn't have a bundle at the same price as their normal product because it'd simply be losing them "more profit."
---