This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to build a computer from scratch that will outperform PS4 @ $400?

#141DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 8:00:37 PM
Conker posted...
Except you "obviously" don't know what is and isn't selling "well enough" or the purpose behind various deals.

Do you think the Xbox One and Titanfall will sell "well enough?" Based on your point, Microsoft wouldn't have a bundle at the same price as their normal product because it'd simply be losing them "more profit."

No, but Newegg does. Are you saying you know better than newegg?

Microsoft is in a bad position right now, and both them and EA want more Xbones in the market, as well as larger sales numbers for the game. In this case, it's much more profitable for MS and EA.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#142ConkerPosted 3/5/2014 9:27:37 PM(edited)
It has nothing to do with me knowing better than Newegg. Are you implying that customers willing to buy because of a deal means they don't know more than the company selling products to those same consumers?

And nothing indicates the same you just described about MSFT can't apply to a combo deal on Newegg. As products from Newegg can be in deals as a result of similar situations.

Do you really believe what I said would be a good idea is really that out of the question for a Newegg combo? I mean, "too good to be true?" Really?
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#143DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 10:22:20 PM
Conker posted...
It has nothing to do with me knowing better than Newegg. Are you implying that customers willing to buy because of a deal means they don't know more than the company selling products to those same consumers?

And nothing indicates the same you just described about MSFT can't apply to a combo deal on Newegg. As products from Newegg can be in deals as a result of similar situations.

Do you really believe what I said would be a good idea is really that out of the question for a Newegg combo? I mean, "too good to be true?" Really?

You're the one claiming your brilliant idea of throwing away more money would make them more money. That was your rationalization for it.

Newegg isn't failing to sell an expensive proprietary platform to a consumerbase that wants their blood for decor, are they?

If it was a good idea, they would do it. Odds are, you won't see that until a while after Maxwell starts to roll out the midrange products.
---
#144ConkerPosted 3/5/2014 11:01:56 PM
So basically you're like someone that thinks Steam sales couldn't possibly be profitable, and the only way a company would do deals is if they're throwing away money or consumers want their blood? What a joke. As if Newegg isn't built on the "brilliant idea" I'm "claiming."
---
#145DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 11:32:23 PM
Conker posted...
So basically you're like someone that thinks Steam sales couldn't possibly be profitable, and the only way a company would do deals is if they're throwing away money or consumers want their blood? What a joke. As if Newegg isn't built on the "brilliant idea" I'm "claiming."

Digital software has no cost to produce. The only reason it normally costs as much as it does is bullying from physical retailers.
And no, newegg isn't built on the idea of making your perfect dream combo for as cheap as you like.
---
#146ConkerPosted 3/6/2014 12:14:11 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Conker posted...

Digital software has no cost to produce. The only reason it normally costs as much as it does is bullying from physical retailers.
And no, newegg isn't built on the idea of making your perfect dream combo for as cheap as you like.

Yeah, that's why Wal-Mart, Amazon, Newegg and others are built on the same ideas. Keep telling yourself otherwise and making excuses.

And actually, yeah, Newegg is. They send out daily emails saying otherwise.

But where you get off saying it's my dream combo is exactly why you're so wrong. It's an average deal I suggested at best that they beat everyday. As I've pointed out repeatedly. Nothing was even that special about it.
---
#147DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/6/2014 1:05:37 PM
Conker posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Conker posted...

Yeah, that's why Wal-Mart, Amazon, Newegg and others are built on the same ideas. Keep telling yourself otherwise and making excuses.

And actually, yeah, Newegg is. They send out daily emails saying otherwise.

But where you get off saying it's my dream combo is exactly why you're so wrong. It's an average deal I suggested at best that they beat everyday. As I've pointed out repeatedly. Nothing was even that special about it.

Wal-Mart, Amazon, Newegg and others are built on selling products for what they can sell products for, not throwing money away.

You suggested they throw in a GPU that's not being discounted, and then sell it at a discount. That's basically asking for free money just because.
---
#148wizardmonPosted 3/6/2014 1:23:04 PM
Newegg's a electronics retailier. The profit margin on most electronics is really bad, so when there is a deal it's usually done on something that's not selling well and needs to get out of the warehouses, or they got a deal from the manufacturer of the product themselves.

http://youtu.be/UZ_kxbuMt5Y?t=14m14s

Do you think Newegg can afford to lose their 1% profit creating killer deals that they can't profit off?
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#149ConkerPosted 3/7/2014 12:56:55 AM
That's why I said it's understandable it could be a combo of products that are already on sale or promo, just like other combo deals.
---