This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls Weird Connection Issue

#1Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 3/2/2014 1:21:58 PM
I'm getting quite frustrated, as I want to play this with my friend, but I can only summon them into my world, but not the other way around. I want to help them, as they are newer to the game, so I'm going to make it a bit easier for them. Moreso, this is frustrating because it didn't have any issues doing this until recently. I didn't change the router settings, we're in the same room, and I have tried most of everything I can think of to make it work. We both have dscfix, same settings, tried running both as admin and not as admin and I am not getting anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas? I know the system runs off pot forwarding, but how could it be different on two computers that share the same router and room?
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#2Guitar_Hero_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 1:23:45 PM
Shoot, I forgot to mention what happens, it will say "Summoning" like usual and after doing that the 3 times or so it does, it will give me an error box that says "Failed to join session" It always looks like it's about to work.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#3Guitar_Hero_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 2:01:10 PM
This is interesting, both computers have a different IP, but are on the same network, one has a 10.0 ID and the other has a more standard 192.168
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#4a_Wizards_BakerPosted 3/2/2014 2:35:26 PM
Two devices cannot have the same IP address.

Are you using the DSConnectivity Fix? This might help you with connecting.
#5Lucavi000Posted 3/2/2014 3:45:07 PM
the 10. and 192. are your internal IPs. The outgoing public IP might be the same for both PCs.

Also, how are you using a class A and C IP in the same household? Do you have an additional router hooked up to the first router or something?
#6Guitar_Hero_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 1:05:18 PM
a_Wizards_Baker posted...

Yes, I am, and that's what got us to connect to each other before we were experiencing issues.

Lucavi000 posted...
the 10. and 192. are your internal IPs. The outgoing public IP might be the same for both PCs.

Also, how are you using a class A and C IP in the same household? Do you have an additional router hooked up to the first router or something?

You nailed it, I do have two, and I guess what I found had happened, is that the laptop decided to connect to the other router, thus creating an issue with connection between the games. I truly don't understand why I could summon and my friend couldn't, but alas, it is resolved.

Thank you two for the replies, I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot with me.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#7BogePosted 3/3/2014 1:28:47 PM
a_Wizards_Baker posted...

DSCfix for sure. Be sure to read the readme because I think you might have to do something to set it up with DSfix.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png