This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
What PC game is your favorite and at least 5 reasons why
From any genre, and why you would recommend it to anyone. I just completed a couple games and am looking to find my next one.
3DS FC 0516 7272 3173
Xbox Gamertag: Mylo Mane (with a space yes)
Mount and Blade Warband
- It's extremely addictive.
- I never get sick of the combat.
- It just lets you get on with the gameplay (ie No elaborate 'cutscenes' or whatever).
- I equally enjoy playing it offline and online.
- There are some decent mods. for it.
Europa Universalis IV
+ Complex and well executed gameplay.
+ Mechanics feel solid, balanced, and fun.
+ Over 100 countries to play as (lots of variety, challenge, and replay value).
+ Developers regularly communicate with the community and offer free updates.
+ More addicting than life
Diablo 2: LoD
1) its still eminently playable after all these years, just as playable and relevant now as on day one. Even PvP is still fun (low level dueling).
2) the mods are awesome, eg. Median XL: Ultimatum, PlugY, Glide Wrapper
3) the music is ****ing incredible, the sound effects are solid and meaty
4) the graphics have aged so well, they are beautifully hand-drawn 2d isometric style, and even hardware accelerated backdrop scenery
5) the character building still hasn't been beaten in subsequent games, its complex and nuanced
why would I play Torchlight 2, D3 or PoE? Diablo 2 does everything they do better, 10 years earlier. It even LOOKS better with MXL:U+Glide Wrapper. And the Median XL: Ultimatum mod puts it out of reach for anyone trying to match it in the foreseeable future.
So, atm, Diablo 2 is my fave game all-time on PC (Fallout 1, STALKER etc. are other contenders)
+Great art style and atmosphere
Deus Ex 1 (2000).
- A great main character, and great supporting characters.
- Smartly made in all ways (levels, gameplay, writing, lore, universe etc.).
- Conspiracies and predictions that are still VERY relevant.
- Secrets to find everywhere, increasing the replay value.
- BONUS! Dem accents.
- My vision is augmented
Civ4 here too for best ever.
I strongly recommend the BAT or BUG mod, which makes the interface so much better.
Make sure you get Civ4 with the 'Beyond the Sword' expansion, that's when it became great.
My 2nd choice is Far Cry from 2004, I still replay it regularly [even tho FC3 is in many ways better--but some worse].
unreal tournament 2004
1) love the smooth and fast action
2) my favorite maps of any game ever, so many great original ones and thousands of great fan made maps.
3) only game i know of where you can do weapon combos (IE shock rifle plasma ball explosion)
4) so many awesome mods and different gametype modes
5) amazing graphics and sound quality for its time, also was very optimized for its time. amazing engine in general.
+ Large world to explore
+ Expansions add a fair amount
+ You can pretty much do whatever you want
+ Interesting lore
Life is just a fantasy