This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Mass Effect start to speed up soon? It's kind of getting boring atm

#1GalaxyNexusPosted 3/2/2014 4:22:23 PM
ME1 and I am at the citadel I think. It's right after the council meeting with all the aliens and stuff. I think this like several hours in? Does the story and gameplay change? Is it worth trudging along?
#2Dark_SpiretPosted 3/2/2014 4:24:27 PM
yes it does once you leave the citadel.
---
Currently playing: Darksiders - Farcry 2 - FF13: Lightning Returns
#3spud_almightyPosted 3/2/2014 4:30:34 PM
You just finished the tutorial, the game is about to start.
#4PannerPosted 3/2/2014 4:31:19 PM
When i first started playing the game when it was released on the 360 i tried 4 times to like it, but gave up due to shear boredom on the very first planet.
I tried again a fifth time and actually made myself play past it, then past the first time you go to the citadel. God i was so bored with it, but i wanted to like it.

Then all of a sudden the story and gameplay got good, VERY good. So good that by the end Mass Effect i took a day off work to finish it and was jumping up and down on my sofa with excitement at the ending.

That's actually a true story too.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#5SinisterSlayPosted 3/2/2014 4:36:55 PM
Once you get the heck out of the citadel it gets way better.
It easily goes from a -5 to an 8 in a single load screen once you get out of the citadel.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6KarnRX78Posted 3/2/2014 4:39:27 PM
ME1 is the slowest of the series in my opinion. But if you just made it to the citadel, you just started, and aren't hours into the game. Once you leave the citadel, it picks up though.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#7fallen_acolytePosted 3/2/2014 4:40:36 PM
Wait until you're a spector.
---
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte
#8staticxtreme5Posted 3/2/2014 7:39:21 PM
ME1 is slow all the way through, it doesn't pick up until ME2 in my opinion.
#9AllmatteredPosted 3/2/2014 7:44:40 PM
ME1 is boring throughout. If the game is not in your taste, then I suggest playing ME2 instead. That's when the game gets all the COD action and improvements, but becomes less of an RPG
#10wizardmonPosted 3/2/2014 8:27:36 PM
Allmattered posted...
ME1 is boring throughout. If the game is not in your taste, then I suggest playing ME2 instead. That's when the game gets all the COD action and improvements, but becomes less of an RPG

This post contains spoilers for the Mass Effect trilogy, read at your own discretion

It's also where the series kinda becomes about the savior of the galaxy zooming across space playing dating simulators and managing friendships.

I really wish the later games could have focused a lot more on you know, doing important things like investigating the reaver threat, confronting reaver forces and unraveling the mysteries of the ancient species. rather than collecting/destroying a ship that I still don't see how it was even important to the trilogies ending at all, or chasing after some sort of ghost child thingy which I didn't bother to understand since I disagreed with that storyline element.

I heard that they changed the ending of Mass Effect 3, but I never looked into it after beating it's original and in my opinion, terrible ending to what could have been a decent series.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)