This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Mass Effect start to speed up soon? It's kind of getting boring atm

#11DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/2/2014 8:36:53 PM
wizardmon posted...
I heard that they changed the ending of Mass Effect 3,

They didn't... they just elaborated a bit more on what happened to everyone while taking into account a few more of your decisions... The terrible plot piece remains. I mean it just came out of nowhere and has no plausible context. I understand the location and how that could have fit with a decent ending but the pick a color ending that changes nothing is a waste of everyone's time. Not giving you an option would be a hell of a lot better and probably wouldn't have had the same blowback from the fans. We all knew this was the last game with Shepard but they not only destroyed him, but pretty much the entire universe they created in one fell swoop.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#12Jprime666Posted 3/2/2014 8:46:07 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
wizardmon posted...
I heard that they changed the ending of Mass Effect 3,

They didn't... they just elaborated a bit more on what happened to everyone while taking into account a few more of your decisions... The terrible plot piece remains. I mean it just came out of nowhere and has no plausible context. I understand the location and how that could have fit with a decent ending but the pick a color ending that changes nothing is a waste of everyone's time. Not giving you an option would be a hell of a lot better and probably wouldn't have had the same blowback from the fans. We all knew this was the last game with Shepard but they not only destroyed him, but pretty much the entire universe they created in one fell swoop.

This.

It went from being short and stupid, to longer and slightly stupider. While I think all the fuss over-exaggerated how bad it was, it's still among the worst endings to a story driven game/series that I've ever seen. I can't think of a worse one of the top of my head, but if I did some thinking I could maybe come up with a couple worse.
---
Zvarri!
#13ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/2/2014 8:53:20 PM
Mass Effect 2 is terrible. It's nothing but filler.
#14Jprime666Posted 3/2/2014 8:56:59 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Mass Effect 2 is terrible. It's nothing but filler.

I think it's the best of the 3. But yes it's almost entirely irrelevant to the plot as a whole. It mostly existed to set-up things that would somehow become plotholes in Mass Effect 3.
---
Zvarri!
#15Treason686Posted 3/2/2014 9:15:53 PM
I enjoyed them all, but ME1 the least.

I still haven't beat ME3, though I logged countless hours in the multiplayer winning gold and platinum matches. After beating those, the single player was freakin' easy by comparison. You almost feel like you can melee everything in the game.

One day I'll beat it so I can see the ending to one of my favorite series. I'll probably be disappointed like everyone else.

Somehow, to this day, I've still managed to avoid spoiling the ending when surfing the web. The funny thing is, I'm sure I'm only a few hours from the end in my current save game. I almost want to go to Youtube right now and spoil it.
---
I <3 segfault
#16Born LuckyPosted 3/2/2014 9:42:36 PM
Wait till you get to exciting "planetary exploration" missions using the state of the art Mako.

It's a pure pleasure to drive. All driving games should handle this well.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#17jake-sfPosted 3/2/2014 9:43:06 PM
Born Lucky posted...
Wait till you get to exciting "planetary exploration" missions using the state of the art Mako.

It's a pure pleasure to drive. All driving games should handle this well.

The sarcasm! It burns my eyes!
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#18foodeater4Posted 3/2/2014 10:06:18 PM
Yeah the citadel is a bit slow especially first time.
#19wdfosterPosted 3/2/2014 11:01:31 PM
OMG... The mission where you assault the cloning facility. "You exist because we allow it. You will end because we demand it." Probably the best scene in all videogames ever. That is all
---
Steam ID - Madmartigan
#20SlashmanSGPosted 3/3/2014 8:14:02 AM
wizardmon posted...
I really wish the later games could have focused a lot more on you know, doing important things like investigating the reaver threat, confronting reaver forces and unraveling the mysteries of the ancient species. rather than collecting/destroying a ship that I still don't see how it was even important to the trilogies ending at all, or chasing after some sort of ghost child thingy which I didn't bother to understand since I disagreed with that storyline element.

Ok, first of all, REAPER. Say it with me now. "Reaper".

Secondly, "I really wish the later games could have focused a lot more on you know, doing important things like investigating the reaver threat, confronting reaver forces and unraveling the mysteries of the ancient species." What do you think fighting the Collectors was doing?

"I didn't bother to understand"
Clearly.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif