This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about aim assist in PC FPS?

#1DaedalusExPosted 3/3/2014 1:03:50 AM
Just came across this: https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/426733968977715200

Apparently Titanfall will feature aim assist when using a controller in an attempt to close the gap between M/KB and controller users. This means that it is possible to be bested by a player not because he was better than you, but because he was given a handicap by the game. There are even some reports of players preferring a controller for the aim assist, as it makes it much easier to hit targets amid the frenetic combat than having to manually aim.

Do you feel that this is a valid approach to bridging the gap between KB/M and controller? Or does this taint the competitive atmosphere by unleveling the playing field?
#2Rails646Posted 3/3/2014 1:09:01 AM
This is really silly, after all, in real life we don't have some magical force that moves our arms in a way to assist our aiming a weapon.
---
| Desktop Rig (Custom) Specs: | i7 2600K, 16GB 1600MHZ RAM, 2x GTX 680 SC SLI
| Gaming Laptop (Alienware M14X R2) Specs: | i7 3630QM, 8GB 1600MHZ RAM, GT 650M
#3SlaynPosted 3/3/2014 1:11:44 AM
Rails646 posted...
This is really silly, after all, in real life we don't have some magical force that moves our arms in a way to assist our aiming a weapon.

We also don't have large mechs dropping in battlefields.

.... yet.

I think it is stupid honestly, but I wonder how much it will help. The thing with auto assist is in some games it just means you can shoot the chest only, sometimes it locks on so hard you can't get a good headshot off. Either way it's a dumb decision. I was already not interested in the game, this just makes it a joke.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/3/2014 1:15:11 AM
ITT: people take Titanfall seriously.
If it's anything like everything else those guys made, it's not something where you're going to care why you were "bested".
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#5Blobs_Posted 3/3/2014 1:17:51 AM
Unnecessary. It would probably be better to take the aim assist out, and lessen some of the more annoying parts of controlling (gun sway, etc). I remember when I was playing borderlands 2 and when you were aiming it felt like you were on a boat.
---
is haha
#6CatToyPosted 3/3/2014 1:20:36 AM
I wouldn't be bested by someone if he killed me with aim assist. Clearly he needs the handicap.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#7AsucaHayashiPosted 3/3/2014 1:21:45 AM
i wouldn't know since i haven't played any game on PC that had it(afaik).

though if it's just pandering to the CoD generation then i don't really care since the game by default shouldn't be taken seriously in a competitive environment anyway.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#8Majoras_pantsPosted 3/3/2014 8:00:21 AM
If it was counterstrike or something it would be dumb.

But Titanfall is a fun, casual shooter. I'm all for it. Hell, maybe I'll play it with a controller.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#9TropicMoon10Posted 3/3/2014 8:05:14 AM
For controllers it's fine. Thumb sticks just aren't precise enough unless you're really dedicated on practicing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#10kingoffpsPosted 3/3/2014 8:05:41 AM
Shouldn't be present.

If you feel handicapped when playing with a controller, then you should use a mouse.

People can play with whatever control system they want, but they're not allowed to complain if they choose to play with something less accurate. And they're not entitled to have what are basically cheats.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...