This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about aim assist in PC FPS?

#141DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/5/2014 11:23:18 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
any other weapon in the hands of a decent player can have them killed in that time

So it's a weapon that lets players who can't aim get kills? Lol.

Yep. Why is that a bad thing in a game like this? Have you never had 'fun' before? Does everything always need to be a comparison over others? Are you not satisfied with your own skill that you must laud it over those with less? It's a great mechanic for those that aren't the most accurate. It's statistically impossible to have everyone play a positive KDR in most games and all those players that don't manage it, clearly aren't as great. If they are having fun, who cares.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#142Orestes417Posted 3/5/2014 11:59:49 AM
I find the people boasting about their skills at aiming to generally be the ones who have the least to boast about. If you're actually noteworthy your play speaks for itself. Then again I also find the KDR whores to be some of the most useless team mates I encounter so...
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#143furygodsPosted 3/5/2014 12:06:45 PM
Like I said, if you've been stalked by a Smart Pistol without knowing, guess what, if you've been stalked by a Assault Rifle/SMG without knowing you die 3 seconds faster than you would had died to a Smart Pistol.

I would even say you die even without the stalking part.

The part where he actually stalked you successfully without you knowing it is skills in itself, not to mention waiting 3 seconds to lock on without you knowing it.

Don't hate the gun because you're bad.

Next thing you would complain about is how the Assault Rifle/SMG kills you 3 seconds faster than the Smart Pistol!

Would you rather die 3 seconds faster by a AR/SMG or 3 seconds slower by a Smart Pistol?

Cause if he stalked you without you knowing, he could had stalked you with a AR/SMG without you knowing. If you didn't see him for 3 seconds and got killed by a SP, you aren't going to see him for -1 second when he kills you with a AR/SMG.
---
Ass Fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3QO0z7Vgwvo#t=78 , Funniest Manga: Oretama.
#144WerdnAndreWPosted 3/5/2014 1:20:21 PM
When the smart pistol is locked, is it a guaranteed death for that player?
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#145DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/5/2014 1:49:17 PM
WerdnAndreW posted...
When the smart pistol is locked, is it a guaranteed death for that player?

Fully locked? Yes. Its like 3 shots to the head. You can get a partial lock and still wound them. Also note you can shoot the gun like a normal gun as well. The locking is just an added feature.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#146noimnoturdaddyPosted 3/5/2014 1:54:37 PM
Who cares, it's a video game, worry about *actual* things.
---
*raves about their high-end gaming PC*
*recommends games from the 90s to everyone* - PC gamers in a nutshell
#147cody4783Posted 3/5/2014 2:35:27 PM
My only real complains with the smart pistol are:

Range and, going off killcams/usage, the "Reset" on the lock. Along with the complete lack of warning and being able to lock on with/be locked on to while cloaked.

It can lock from a decent range, often on 2-3 players at once. If they don't know you're there, you can level all of them without being noticed. While firing an assault rifle, you would have killed one, he MIGHT have turned around and gotten a shot off, and the second might have been alerted and killed you. THAT is a big variable, and puts into question the means of JUST out-flanking an enemy, vs outflanking multiple contacts and killing before they can react---This isn't an argument about direct engagements.

As far as the reset: Many times I was killed, and several kills I got, I was getting locked, ran behind cover (thus breaking line-of-sight), but the other player jumped/parkoured shortly after in pursuit and CONTINUED the lock from where it left off. And I was able to repeat the same in a few instances, so I'm fairly sure it's not a bug in the kill cam. That's something that bothers me, it should be X amount of time of constant targeting, and cloaking or breaking LoS should reset it.

Additionally, it seems like there should be a HUD warning similar to what you get in the Titans when a missile is locking onto you. Or maybe make that a benefit of a particular perk or something.

And lastly, while it's a bit slower on cloaked enemies, it still picks out and locks onto people the player may not have even seen, and only killed because their pistol started locking. And at the same time, a player can cloak and use that to flank several players like I mentioned initially, and get multiple kills before the target(s) can react.

OVERALL: I don't feel like it's completely overpowered, but I do feel it deserves a bit of tweaking for the final game. With the enhanced targeting system (Which increases range+lock speed, IIRC), it's just a *bit* imbalanced and could do with a little adjustment. I don't mind it being in the game, just have a slight qualm with it's current state.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg