This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about aim assist in PC FPS?

#31jake-sfPosted 3/3/2014 11:00:05 AM
Maybe I want to play a shooter with a wheel and pedals, do I get an aimbot for that? Please? Its fair!
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#32DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/3/2014 11:01:46 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
the pandering is just unbelievable.

If you can't see the appeal in a huge community where both sides are content... I don't know what to say. There is no pandering here. There is the reality that some people just like to use controllers and its been proven that keyboard and mouse is more precise. Controller based aim assist can be fair if done correctly. COD Ghosts for all the hate had a nice implementation of that. Had friends competing well with a controller but it wasn't an extreme advantage. A good mouse player would still win in the majority of situations.

Games like this can really thrive having a large community and this is a reasonable step to doing so. Should there be the option of restricting the autoaim on some servers? I would like to see that for some people but I'd still play the majority of my games on combined servers. A game like titanfall implements a lot more possible tactics into the gameplay so twitch shooting is a little less important.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#33TimePharaohPosted 3/3/2014 11:02:53 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
the pandering is just unbelievable.

If you can't see the appeal in a huge community where both sides are content... I don't know what to say. There is no pandering here. There is the reality that some people just like to use controllers and its been proven that keyboard and mouse is more precise. Controller based aim assist can be fair if done correctly. COD Ghosts for all the hate had a nice implementation of that. Had friends competing well with a controller but it wasn't an extreme advantage. A good mouse player would still win in the majority of situations.

Games like this can really thrive having a large community and this is a reasonable step to doing so. Should there be the option of restricting the autoaim on some servers? I would like to see that for some people but I'd still play the majority of my games on combined servers. A game like titanfall implements a lot more possible tactics into the gameplay so twitch shooting is a little less important.

ITP: Undercover peasant
#34jake-sfPosted 3/3/2014 11:06:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#35DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/3/2014 11:26:46 AM(edited)
jake-sf posted...
You don't start cheating

Its cheating to reduce the handicap? Aim assist does not equate to playing the game for you and I think a lot of you grossly overestimate just how much it does in most games. You purists are the modern day racists of gaming mang.

edit: Not that I care, but I personally never use a controller for a shooter. I also don't cry that people with controllers now have a chance to have some fun either.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#36anonymous46773Posted 3/3/2014 11:42:19 AM
You don't start cheating to get an edge on other players.

Even with aim assist / auto aim, you aren't going to have an edge on anyone if you are using a controller in a PC FPS in the first place.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#37biohazard1775Posted 3/3/2014 11:46:00 AM
It's disgusting and shouldn't be anywhere near a PC FPS.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#38PsythikPosted 3/3/2014 12:00:27 PM
In GTA IV, ironically I would always use a controller because the aim assist would snap the crosshairs to another player and stay locked on to them, giving me an unfair advantage over mouse players.

So yeah, it's a bad idea.
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#39KOOGARPosted 3/3/2014 12:06:28 PM
Not needed when playing on PC with a mouse - unless you are under 10 or a complete noob.
#40HighwayPilotPosted 3/3/2014 12:15:28 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Rails646 posted...
This is really silly, after all, in real life we don't have some magical force that moves our arms in a way to assist our aiming a weapon.

In real life we can't run on walls, respawn, drop mechs from the sky either.
You can't respawn, but the other two are possible. Equipment to move our arms to assist aiming a weapon is available too.