This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about aim assist in PC FPS?

#41jake-sfPosted 3/3/2014 12:18:06 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
jake-sf posted...
You don't start cheating

Its cheating to reduce the handicap? Aim assist does not equate to playing the game for you and I think a lot of you grossly overestimate just how much it does in most games. You purists are the modern day racists of gaming mang.

edit: Not that I care, but I personally never use a controller for a shooter. I also don't cry that people with controllers now have a chance to have some fun either.

Yes, its cheating to reduce the handicap artificially. Like someone else said, its like having macros in a fighting game because you're using a weak control device that makes it too hard to do the stuff.

Maybe an athlete with physical limitations should be allowed to use drugs to overcome his handicap and be on fair ground against other participant? In the world I live in we call that cheating.

And mouse users will have this anyway. The game will not be able to block it for mouse users only, thats just obvious, further ruining the game (which I don't care about but thats that).
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#42AndehPandyPosted 3/3/2014 12:28:01 PM
Slayn posted...
Rails646 posted...
This is really silly, after all, in real life we don't have some magical force that moves our arms in a way to assist our aiming a weapon.

We also don't have large mechs dropping in battlefields.

.... yet.

I think it is stupid honestly, but I wonder how much it will help. The thing with auto assist is in some games it just means you can shoot the chest only, sometimes it locks on so hard you can't get a good headshot off. Either way it's a dumb decision. I was already not interested in the game, this just makes it a joke.

i died lol
#43Kokuei05Posted 3/3/2014 12:29:24 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
jake-sf posted...
You don't start cheating

Its cheating to reduce the handicap? Aim assist does not equate to playing the game for you and I think a lot of you grossly overestimate just how much it does in most games. You purists are the modern day racists of gaming mang.

edit: Not that I care, but I personally never use a controller for a shooter. I also don't cry that people with controllers now have a chance to have some fun either.

Yes, its cheating to reduce the handicap artificially. Like someone else said, its like having macros in a fighting game because you're using a weak control device that makes it too hard to do the stuff.

Maybe an athlete with physical limitations should be allowed to use drugs to overcome his handicap and be on fair ground against other participant? In the world I live in we call that cheating.

And mouse users will have this anyway. The game will not be able to block it for mouse users only, thats just obvious, further ruining the game (which I don't care about but thats that).

The nevada athletic commission just recently banned the use of testosterone replacement therapy for this reason.
---
http://i.imgur.com/gXMlQDg.gif http://i.imgur.com/C6g3zP1.gif
http://cdn.fansided.com/gif/John_Hathaway_vs._Dong_Hyun_Kim_ktfo.gif
#44DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/3/2014 12:43:36 PM
jake-sf posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
jake-sf posted...
You don't start cheating

Why are you comparing this to an athletic competition? Do you really think that the games that include such options are designed to be the paradigms of competitive gaming? Give me a break. These are games, meant to be played for fun and adding in aim assist for controller users won't really change that for MK users.

Should all games have this option? Of course not. I'd cry foul as well if say, CS, had the option. The games that do offer this option aren't just tests of dexterity and accuracy but map knowledge, pattern recognition and other executions. Deciding whether the high ground vs the low ground is just as important as precise aiming. Some people have all the other skills to be successful aside from the twitch aiming with a mouse... Games with autoaim for controller users allows the games to appeal to these players as well.

Ideally as I mentioned earlier, the option to limit a servers option would satisfy everyone. Saying something shouldn't exist because you don't like it is just sad though.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#45djprofessork1Posted 3/3/2014 12:48:25 PM
Titanfall sucks, so I don't care.

Any FPS that has aim-assist is probably one where Aiming is very low-skilled to begin with. TitanFall is your typical COD crap: giant hitboxes, 2-bullet deaths, no recoil. No skill.
#46DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/3/2014 12:57:39 PM
djprofessork1 posted...
Titanfall sucks, so I don't care.

Any FPS that has aim-assist is probably one where Aiming is very low-skilled to begin with. TitanFall is your typical COD crap: giant hitboxes, 2-bullet deaths, no recoil. No skill.

I always laugh at this mentality. Skill can be found in even the simplest of things and these games are far from simple. So long as the rules are the same for everyone, there is skill involved to determine the outcome.

Hell something like superhexagon takes skill to play and it has what? 2 buttons? Adding in recoil, more health, or whatever other 'rule' you feel like adding just changes the game, and not necessarily the skill required.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
#47Orestes417Posted 3/3/2014 1:00:55 PM
SP I don't care, provided it can be disabled. Multiplayer it's annoying but if I'm being honest I still don't care. Whining about how the other guy killed you being unfair is pure scrub tier. Man up and play harder.

As for Titanfall taking no skill... going to be real amusing when you realize there's two types of players. The ones who know how to exploit the maneuverability to the hilt and the ones waiting to respawn.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#48Shin_GallonPosted 3/3/2014 1:02:08 PM
kingoffps posted...
Shouldn't be present.

If you feel handicapped when playing with a controller, then you should use a mouse.

People can play with whatever control system they want, but they're not allowed to complain if they choose to play with something less accurate. And they're not entitled to have what are basically cheats.

Quoted for Infinite Truth.
---
Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime.
#49AsucaHayashiPosted 3/3/2014 1:24:41 PM
So long as the rules are the same for everyone

uh isn't this exactly what's not happening with titanfall?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#50DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/3/2014 1:32:32 PM(edited)
AsucaHayashi posted...
So long as the rules are the same for everyone

uh isn't this exactly what's not happening with titanfall?

You think using different input devices is the same? I understand that most of you would rather just not allow controller users, but those that are saying that they are allowed but shouldn't have autoaim clearly just want fodder to shoot. Giving a controller user a little bit of help to become even slightly competitive isn't giving them a 'cheat'.
---