This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about aim assist in PC FPS?

#81Majoras_pantsPosted 3/3/2014 7:31:39 PM
The people whining about this are the same people who whine about items in smash bros.

The game isn't competitive. It's a casual shooter. It might as well be a party game. Who really cares? People who use a mouse will still have a huge advantage. What's wrong with making the game more accessible to people who prefer using a controller?

How ironic is it that PC gamers are whining about having options?
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#82DaedalusEx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 7:58:44 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Giving a way for a console gamer to come over to the pc is something I'm interested in as a member of the pc community... having a larger community is a great thing for all mp games.

I fundamentally disagree. That's not to say console gamers aren't welcome, but if they need to be pandered to in order to have an interest in PC gaming then perhaps it isn't for them, nor should it try to be.
#83NingishzidaPosted 3/3/2014 8:25:22 PM
biohazard1775 posted...
It's disgusting and shouldn't be anywhere near a PC FPS.
#84nIMr0D888Posted 3/3/2014 11:17:54 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Giving a way for a console gamer to come over to the pc is something I'm interested in as a member of the pc community... having a larger community is a great thing for all mp games.

I fundamentally disagree. That's not to say console gamers aren't welcome, but if they need to be pandered to in order to have an interest in PC gaming then perhaps it isn't for them, nor should it try to be.

Who the hell are you to decide whether or not developers support a larger user base or not. It's close minded opinions like that, that gives us all a bad reputation.

I ask you this; if the feature has absolutely no effect on your experience, why the hell do you care?
---
CAUTION: EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE
#85matrix0523Posted 3/4/2014 1:22:22 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
the pandering is just unbelievable.

If you can't see the appeal in a huge community where both sides are content... I don't know what to say. There is no pandering here. There is the reality that some people just like to use controllers and its been proven that keyboard and mouse is more precise. Controller based aim assist can be fair if done correctly. COD Ghosts for all the hate had a nice implementation of that. Had friends competing well with a controller but it wasn't an extreme advantage. A good mouse player would still win in the majority of situations.

Games like this can really thrive having a large community and this is a reasonable step to doing so. Should there be the option of restricting the autoaim on some servers? I would like to see that for some people but I'd still play the majority of my games on combined servers. A game like titanfall implements a lot more possible tactics into the gameplay so twitch shooting is a little less important.

This. Seriously. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pad users getting aim assist on PC.
---
IGN: Frank West
#86wizardmonPosted 3/4/2014 1:52:05 AM
Hilariously, CoD Ghosts has had this since it came out and no one cared at all, even more funny is that a bunch of the top 100 TDM ranked players on PC use a wired Xbox controller.

It's really not a issue until someone brings it up and makes a stink about it on the forums, no one even notices until someone brings it up.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#87djprofessork1Posted 3/4/2014 9:55:56 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
djprofessork1 posted...
Titanfall sucks, so I don't care.

Any FPS that has aim-assist is probably one where Aiming is very low-skilled to begin with. TitanFall is your typical COD crap: giant hitboxes, 2-bullet deaths, no recoil. No skill.

I always laugh at this mentality. Skill can be found in even the simplest of things and these games are far from simple. So long as the rules are the same for everyone, there is skill involved to determine the outcome.

Hell something like superhexagon takes skill to play and it has what? 2 buttons? Adding in recoil, more health, or whatever other 'rule' you feel like adding just changes the game, and not necessarily the skill required.

obviously i'm exaggerating when I say "no skill" There is some, just very little.
These new FPS games are purposely designed to be more random and less skilled. You put some random CoD kiddie in a cs 1.6 match, or quake 3, they won't kill anyone they'll just cry and quit. But in CoD no matter how stupid you are, you'll randomly spawn behind someone and get a kill. Or you can camp in one of the 10,000 hiding spots on the map rofl.
That's why the game is constantly pandering to the player telling you how awesome you are, they want you to keep playing so you'll buy their DLC.

This game doesn't have 1/10000th the skill that old fps'es like Quake 3, Painkiller, or UT had.
But you're a moron using the old tired "Checkers takes the same amount of skill as Chess" argument so I wouldn't expect you to have the brain power to process why new games are so dumbed down and pandering.
#88sonicteam2k1Posted 3/4/2014 10:00:44 AM
why are people so afraid of people using controllers and aim assist? You have a mouse, which is way more precise than a controller even with aim assist. Just suck it up geeze.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#89pothocketPosted 3/4/2014 1:22:12 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
pothocket posted...
Sorry, I guess it was implied but I was agreeing that only controllers should be used. Standard equipment for all payers. No different sets of rules for different players.

Standard equipment is fine, but why would controllers be the standard equipment for a PC game? Especially a high-precision genre like FPS?

Because if E-sports ever wants to be taken seriously, it can't be based around an input method that is "easiest" and takes the least skill to be effective with. Having a more difficult input method creates more of a separation between tiers of player skill and really highlights how much better the pros are over the average gamer.
#90cancerstormPosted 3/4/2014 1:25:57 PM
why should master race people use a tool for plebs?
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg