This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are so many young people today still so ignorant when it comes to properly..

#31cancerstormPosted 3/3/2014 10:17:40 AM
topic title should've been "why are many people lazy and stupid?" with topic post being "i'm mad"

would've saved you a ton of time, tc
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#32PR_FiascoPosted 3/3/2014 10:18:48 AM
I'm lucky that I know how to protect and clean both my laptop and my gaming PC because my father was in computing for decades, always fixing other people's **** ups lol.

People just don't give any thought to it, if I had to pick something. As long as it works, they don't care what happens to it.
---
TBWNN
i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz | GTX 670 | 8GB RAM
#33Treason686Posted 3/3/2014 10:26:28 AM
Synbios459 posted...
I also told him to make sure to keep your Windows Updates updated (which I had to explain to him, yet I have found even when I do explain to people they rarely do), I installed malware byes, and spybot and showed him how to keep them updated and to scan every week or so

Fatal mistake. You took someone, who you know is ignorant, and gave them some manual virus scan software.

Tell them to buy Norton/Kaspersky/Bitdefender/etc. Never expect a user to use their computer responsibly or take the time out to run virus scans. Give them an automated tool.
---
I <3 segfault
#34YuniuninuniunPosted 3/3/2014 11:00:43 AM
I still just amazed whenever my brother visits me.
Toolbars n stuff everywhere.
Loads of bloatware and malware
It's not just that but his keys are all worn, dirt and grime everywhere, and his laptop is sctached to hell.

He's had the thing for a year and it's pretty much destroyed.

Not only that but the only game he plays is the old republic
---
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
#35harcoreblazerPosted 3/3/2014 11:10:46 AM
Oh look, another topic bashing Apple and today's generation, HOW ORIGINAL!
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#36MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/3/2014 11:17:23 AM
harcoreblazer posted...
Oh look, another topic bashing Apple

Ctrl + F "Apple"

Hm.

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#37Worknofun370Posted 3/3/2014 11:29:21 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
Oh look, another topic bashing Apple

Ctrl + F "Apple"

Hm.

Yeah, one guy mentioned Mac (right alongside W8) Other than that... I'm not seeing anything.

Seems like somebody is just a little be defensive.
#38justchill433Posted 3/3/2014 12:50:04 PM
Because people honestly don't care... until the point that their computer becomes unusable. The only reason you care is, because you like computers. I laugh when people ask me for help with a tech problem, because I usually just google it to fix it. IT people are basically expert google searchers.

I can't be too mad at them though. My friend is a civil engineer and he's always going on about bridges, because he loves them. I honestly couldn't care less, because I'm not interested in the subject so I just kinda tune him out, which is what people do when you try to explain computers to them.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#39Worknofun370Posted 3/3/2014 1:11:52 PM
justchill433 posted...
Because people honestly don't care... until the point that their computer becomes unusable. The only reason you care is, because you like computers. I laugh when people ask me for help with a tech problem, because I usually just google it to fix it. IT people are basically expert google searchers.

I can't be too mad at them though. My friend is a civil engineer and he's always going on about bridges, because he loves them. I honestly couldn't care less, because I'm not interested in the subject so I just kinda tune him out, which is what people do when you try to explain computers to them.

This fella gets it.

You are you, you are not everyone else. What you care about and choose to invest your time into is not the same thing other people care about and choose to invest their time into. The sooner people realize this the better off everyone will be.
#40Damaged7Posted 3/3/2014 1:33:16 PM
Instead of just fixing the problem, educate them on what went wrong, how you fixed it and how to prevent it in the future. Then they won't keep comming back to you and if they do, tell them you already showed them what to do and if they don't do it its their fault.
---
Bold Text