This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how's the BioShock trilogy.

#21nonexistingheroPosted 3/3/2014 11:07:53 AM
Infinite's ending isn't very deep & thought provoking. Without spoiling anything signficant, it's a very cliche religious story of a man looking for redemption. The the story throughout the game isn't good either. The way the characters act in relation to the world, the things happening, etc... it doesn't make a lot of sense. And there just... isn't much story. There's the beginning, then you meet the girl... almost all of the rest is pretty much filler until the ending parts. The little hints, stuff that happens in-between, etc... all of it is irrelevant to the main story... which isn't complex, deep or thought provoking at all.

Unless you're the kind of guy who thinks Inception is complex and hard to understand. I can fully understand people thinking Infinite's ending is deep, complex, thought provoking, etc... if they think a movie that explains everything step-by-step is complex (except for the ending, which is left to the viewer's interpretation... though there are plenty of idiots who claim one or the other).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#22jernasPosted 3/3/2014 11:13:09 AM
Jprime666 posted...
You should try paying for them too.

No, you really shouldn't try paying for Bioshock Infinite. Nobody should pay money for such a disaster of a game.
#23BowsaaPosted 3/3/2014 11:24:54 AM
So much hate for B:I in here. I actually rather liked it.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#24jernasPosted 3/3/2014 11:29:03 AM
Hey, some people liked Duke Nukem Forever too.

Me, I think DNF is actually a lot more fun than Infinite.
#25PsythikPosted 3/3/2014 12:08:38 PM(edited)
1st one: Boring
2nd one: Didn't play it because I didn't like the first one.
Infinite: Okay, but the scenery is better than the gameplay.

jernas posted...
Hey, some people liked Duke Nukem Forever too.

Me, I think DNF is actually a lot more fun than Infinite.
Agreed. It wasn't the mindblowing game to end all games, but it was a fun little adventure with silly 13-year-old humor. I enjoyed it more than Infinite too.
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#26turtlebeach21Posted 3/3/2014 12:24:46 PM
First 2 are the best they are all worth a play through
#27GoIrish80Posted 3/3/2014 12:43:31 PM
1 = Oh Yes
2 = Ehhhhhhhh....
3 = Great game
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#28superdarkshadowPosted 3/3/2014 12:54:26 PM
First one has the best atmosphere, most interesting characters and a pretty good story.
The second mostly improves on the first one in gameplay, but I can't remember the story or the characters that well, so it was probably not that good.
Minerva's Den was pretty good for a DLC. Same gameplay as BS2, but a somewhat more memorable story.
Infinite is very different in terms of gameplay, weapons, weapon upgrades and tonics are all bought with money, you have a regenerating shield instead of just a health bar, and enemies are much less aggressive. The game also has some parts that feel less significant, as they were trying to stretch out some more hours out of the game.

All in all, I still recommend playing all three. Just know that the first was also the best.
---
Corsair TX950W|ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe|Intel Core i5 2500K|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS GTX 670 DC2|Crucial M4 128GB |Samsung Spinpoint F3|CM 690 II Advanced|2x Dell U2312HM
#29AnimorganimatePosted 3/3/2014 12:58:52 PM
Progressively worse.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#30CatToyPosted 3/3/2014 1:23:39 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Infinite: Horrible pacing,

What's horrible about the pacing?
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.