This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Took my computer up to a shop for diagnostics. (BBOD help)

#1SmurfyZPosted 3/3/2014 4:24:30 PM(edited)
BSOD

Been over a week so I called them up and find they still dont' know whats wrong with it. Only part I couldn't swap with a known working one was the cpu which didn't appear to be a problem. At least it looked fine in the bios when it came to clock speeds and temp.

All I can tell you is it started off with a random blue screen during a game which I thought may have been caused by overheating either in the cpu or gpu. Again though I've since then switched out the gpu , ram, hdd, power supply, and even the motherboard.

Eventually it would bluescreen before I could even boot into windows. I reformatted and found that I was getting bluescreens during installation of windows (multiple versions of windows).

They did say they managed to get windows on it but after time it'd still crash.

Anybody have any clue as to what is causing this as I wait for them to hopefully figure this out?

Also they had better only charge me the diagnostic flat flee because I didn't ask for anything else :)
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 3/3/2014 4:24:40 PM
lol
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#3SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 4:26:18 PM
HydroCannabinol posted...
lol

Well if you can figure it out then help a brother out. I wouldn't take it to a shop if I had any clue as to why it is happening. In my mind it's obviously hardware related but I've switched everything out. Even the shop is telling me all the parts are good.
#4Unsugarized_FooPosted 3/3/2014 4:26:45 PM
Take all of your spare parts and build a new PC, ta daaaa!
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#5SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 4:28:05 PM
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
Take all of your spare parts and build a new PC, ta daaaa!

Except I don't have a extra cpu which just so happens to be the most expensive part minus my 680s.
#6steveboblarryPosted 3/3/2014 4:29:08 PM
Reinstalll windows?
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#7SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 4:33:35 PM(edited)
steveboblarry posted...
Reinstalll windows?

As I stated bsod during installation. I mean it's in a shop right now so I can't really try to get a error code but I remember it cycling through around 3 different types of errors such as irql_not_less_or_equal and a couple others.
#8teirPosted 3/3/2014 4:38:21 PM
Did you try a different OS?
#9SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 11:50:47 PM
teir posted...
Did you try a different OS?

Different versions of windows being xp, 7, and 8. If you mean completely different like os or linux then no.
#10MyGroovPosted 3/4/2014 2:40:53 AM
bent pin or bad ram are my first guesses
---
GT: MyGroov
Official Frozen TWSSted of Alaska