This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Took my computer up to a shop for diagnostics. (BBOD help)

#11TimePharaohPosted 3/4/2014 1:43:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 9:14:33 PM
Well I called them up the day of this post to ask what's going on and was told they'd know by today. Today is over (where I live) and still nothing. Will have to call them again tomorrow. Just frustrating. Not even the shop knows what's up.

Also groov I did replace every part at one point or another with my own spares or temporarily replaced with my friend's parts. Well all parts except the cpu and the case. Those are the only common components that haven't changed.

Shop is saying my cpu is fine though but who knows becuase they don't. They claim to have gotten windows installed on it which is something I couldn't do since it'd blue screen during installation but again it crashes and bsod on them while during whatever tests their running.

I know they're working on it and I should be patient this topic was just to maybe get some extra insight just in case they can't. I mean it does appear they're having issues trying to diagnose the problem.

9 days does seem a bit too long for a diagnosis at least imo. I'm not a computer technician though so what do I know.
#13lost_withinPosted 3/4/2014 9:21:19 PM
Look man, if you ruled all the other parts out, then I would start looking for a new motherboard, try to rule out the CPU for sure though....But it certainly sounds like a hardware issue...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#14SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 9:26:09 PM
lost_within posted...
Look man, if you ruled all the other parts out, then I would start looking for a new motherboard, try to rule out the CPU for sure though....But it certainly sounds like a hardware issue...

I actually did replace the motherboard. Wasted money on it because it was my first guess. I'm usually good at figuring these issues out but this one stumped me. The cpu and case are the only common components. And again it's int he shop so I can't test anything out this second though I may go get it soon if they can't tell me anything withing the next couple days.

Shop told me the cpu is fine but who knows. I did try without the front usb ports on the case plugged intot he mobo. What else is there I don't have the pc in front of me for reference of what else connects from the case to the mobo. The power button but I think I also tried not plugging that in and instead using the power button on my mobo.
#15SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 9:26:55 PM
I agree with you though it must be a hardware issue but last time I called up the shop to see what was taking so long they claimed that all the components were good.
#16Lucavi000Posted 3/4/2014 9:28:03 PM
Did you try checking to see if your ram is bogus?

I was thinking it could be a bad BIOS chip but if you replaced the motherboard then that throws that theory out the window.
#17DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/4/2014 9:28:48 PM
If the CPU is the only common component, and it's not a software issue, then it's the CPU.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#18SlaynPosted 3/4/2014 9:29:19 PM
I would go with memory. One stick at a time, each slot.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#19SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 9:32:29 PM
Lucavi000 posted...
Did you try checking to see if your ram is bogus?

I was thinking it could be a bad BIOS chip but if you replaced the motherboard then that throws that theory out the window.

Tried each stick separately + my brothers ram which is known to be good and tried multiple slots across both motherboards.
#20SmurfyZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 9:34:14 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
If the CPU is the only common component, and it's not a software issue, then it's the CPU.

THe only thing that's keeping me from getting a cpu is the fact the shop claims its still good. Also I already got burned thinking it was my motherboard and being wrong. I need some sure way of knowing its the cpu.

I do agree with you though and it was my 2nd guess and my only guess right now.