This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Monitor saying no signal?

#11ShubPosted 3/4/2014 10:30:41 AM
SkaterUB posted...
I just don't understand why this happened.

Sometimes it just happens. At this point you just need to figure out which part is defective.
Could be the computer's video card, could be the stupid cable, could be the monitor.
If you're going to take the monitor home with you, you might as well take the cable as well so you can test that.
If you connect it to your PC with the existing cable and it works, then you know the monitor and the cable are fine
If you connect it to your PC with the existing cable and it doesn't work, swap the cable, and if that doesn't work, then you know it's the monitor.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#12SkaterUB(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 5:41:49 PM
Alright guys, I brought a monitor over and that did nothing. I brought a new VGA cable and that did nothing.

What else can I possibly do to fix it?
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: ShadowShooter93
3DS FC: 1332-8869-6872
#13MuintirPosted 3/5/2014 6:16:36 PM
This happened to me years ago on an old hp computer. It had 2 identicle spots to plug the monitor in. 1 would display the monitor while the other would display the error you are giving.
#14SkaterUB(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 10:05:57 PM
Anything else I can do?
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: ShadowShooter93
3DS FC: 1332-8869-6872
#15SlaynPosted 3/6/2014 12:16:17 AM
The problem is with "no signal" is that it can be almost any problem. If the computer turns on but doesn't successfully POST ( video card, motherboard, memory, cpu, psu ) then it will say no signal, because the computer is on but the display isn't receiving a signal. People always think it is GPU/display related, but it can be anything. If the motherboard is bad but it a least turns on, it can do this. Even a bad memory stick can cause this.

So in essence, it can be anything. Just don't limit what you check. In all honestly the whole computer can be screwed at this point. Hard to pinpoint. Does the computer normally have a POST beep? Usually a successful POST will have a single beep.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.