This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the new South Park game so expensive on steam?

#31Omnipotent_CowPosted 3/4/2014 8:27:59 PM
KaiRyusaki posted...
Omnipotent_Cow posted...
Because they can get away with it. Consoles take $10 off for the privilege of being on their consoles, plus shipping and manufacturing. None of that exists with digital PC releases, however, so there's really no excuse for it. Honestly, going by how much games cost to make now, all prices everywhere should be going up, yet only PC games have seen a notable increase within recent memory. We'll see with this coming generation, however; I predict console games being boosted to $70, and PC games soon to follow- because they can.

Doesnt Valve take 30%, even more than any console manufacture?

You know, I don't know. I do know that EA charges $60 for their games on their service; they might as well stamp "We're greedy!" next to their prices.
#32icyterrorPosted 3/4/2014 8:29:00 PM
I'm more curious about why people is so hype about this game...
#33ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/4/2014 8:33:35 PM
icyterror posted...
I'm more curious about why people is so hype about this game...

Obsidian + Paper Mario + South Park
#34WyzeGyePosted 3/4/2014 8:51:03 PM
Omnipotent_Cow posted...
KaiRyusaki posted...
Omnipotent_Cow posted...
Because they can get away with it. Consoles take $10 off for the privilege of being on their consoles, plus shipping and manufacturing. None of that exists with digital PC releases, however, so there's really no excuse for it. Honestly, going by how much games cost to make now, all prices everywhere should be going up, yet only PC games have seen a notable increase within recent memory. We'll see with this coming generation, however; I predict console games being boosted to $70, and PC games soon to follow- because they can.

Doesnt Valve take 30%, even more than any console manufacture?

You know, I don't know. I do know that EA charges $60 for their games on their service; they might as well stamp "We're greedy!" next to their prices.

nevermind the fact that they've given away tons of games in the last couple of years and the humble bundle with some of their top selling games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#35ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/4/2014 8:56:07 PM
WyzeGye posted...

nevermind the fact that they've given away tons of games in the last couple of years and the humble bundle with some of their top selling games.

Games that weren't really selling anymore. Games that they used to push Origin.

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader
#36jernasPosted 3/4/2014 10:12:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#37FlyinTonitePosted 3/4/2014 10:19:03 PM
12 hour game with a bunch of sidequests and south park humor seems like a winner to me.
---
Sony fanboys are the most annoying, Nintendo fanboys are the most ignorant and Microsoft fanboys are adorable because they think they're people.
#38SmokePiffPosted 3/4/2014 10:23:08 PM
jernas posted...
Southpark.Stick.Of.Truth-RELOADED

lol

Gross.

Just buy it on GMG or something for 25% off, or play the waiting game.
#39rpgianPosted 3/4/2014 10:34:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#40SlaynPosted 3/4/2014 11:49:11 PM
Waiting for the Steam sale.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.