This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you are left handed, don't buy the PC version of South Park

#1m0derationPosted 3/4/2014 5:12:28 PM
You can't change the controls in this game.

You are basically required to use mouse + WASD keys and if you use a left handed mouse like myself, it's pretty frustrating. If you have the option to buy this game for the consoles I'd suggest you do that unless they patch the game to let you change controls.
#2anthrax360xPosted 3/4/2014 5:13:55 PM
I'm left handed, and simply adjusted to the "normal" way of doing things. At this point, I think using a mouse with my left hand would blow my mind.
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
Lenovo Y500: | i7 3630QM 2.4ghz | 8gb ram | Nvidia GT750M 2gb | 1tb HDD
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 3/4/2014 5:15:51 PM
Or use a controller.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#4kingoffpsPosted 3/4/2014 5:16:16 PM
I'm left handed but also use the mouse with my right hand. I didn't even think that using it with the other hand was thing.

Anyway, can't you use key remapper software? I don't see how such a thing as being unable to remap keys within a game would get in the way of a PC gamer.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#5my_name_is_EdPosted 3/4/2014 5:17:24 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
Or use a controller.

peasant
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#6SinisterSlayPosted 3/4/2014 5:18:04 PM
Just go into the control panel and change your mouse to right handed. Then use it in your left hand. The controls will be backwards, and backwards will be correct in the game.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7m0deration(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 5:24:50 PM
I think it's stupid for people to say "just play it the normal way." All PC games should have the option to configure your controls. I play games like Dota 2 perfectly fine instead of using QWER and using OP[] instead. I shouldn't have to use a third party program to do it.
#8VordraxPosted 3/4/2014 5:37:47 PM
m0deration posted...
I think it's stupid for people to say "just play it the normal way." All PC games should have the option to configure your controls. I play games like Dota 2 perfectly fine instead of using QWER and using OP[] instead. I shouldn't have to use a third party program to do it.

Agreed. It's one thing to say that you're fine using controls in a specific way, but it's ridiculous to support developers leaving out basic features like control customization. The user interface is there to facilitate interaction, not to force adaptation.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#9Fade2black001Posted 3/4/2014 5:42:55 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
Or use a controller.

peasant

Give me a break....
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#10ATARIJAWAPosted 3/4/2014 5:45:30 PM
It's not a shooter. It's a turn based Rpg. A controller is fine for this game.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112