This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most Unique Game You Have Played?

#1alsroboshackPosted 3/4/2014 4:34:39 PM
For me, it would be Zeno Clash, or any game by ACE Team.
---
some people treat life as a game,
some people treat games as life.
#2anthrax360xPosted 3/4/2014 4:38:21 PM
Devil's Tuning Fork
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
Lenovo Y500: | i7 3630QM 2.4ghz | 8gb ram | Nvidia GT750M 2gb | 1tb HDD
#3KillerTrufflePosted 3/4/2014 4:38:39 PM
That's tough. There's Uplink: Hacker Elite - plays quite differently from any other game I've tried, and actually does a good job of making you feel like a hacker (in roughly as accurate a way as Hackers the movie).

Sacrifice is a very unique "action/RTS," with gameplay mechanics I have not found anywhere else before or since.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4MortalDangerPosted 3/4/2014 4:43:30 PM
Papers, Please
Recettear

and most recently: Receiver. Yes, FPS, but the mechanics are incredibly unique. Not really a game tho.
---
God Bless America.
#5call of dutyPosted 3/4/2014 4:45:23 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
That's tough. There's Uplink: Hacker Elite - plays quite differently from any other game I've tried, and actually does a good job of making you feel like a hacker (in roughly as accurate a way as Hackers the movie).

Sacrifice is a very unique "action/RTS," with gameplay mechanics I have not found anywhere else before or since.

It was a great game until you got to the endgame which was bland as hell...

Papers, Please is definitely it. It is THE epitome of a good video game. The game gets harder as you go along and there was a plausible explanation behind it!
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 16
#6KabutoflowerPosted 3/4/2014 4:51:16 PM
Battlezone an rts/tanksim hybrid is the first that comes to mind
---
"Don't talk when I'm orating."-Ben Caxton, Stranger In A Strange Land
#7YOeastonYOPosted 3/4/2014 4:53:58 PM
Katamari or whatever its called. Not sure if it was ever released on PC, but still very unique.

Ridge Racer type 4 was unique for me personally, due to it was the first game with drifting I've ever played.
#8DiviDudePosted 3/4/2014 4:55:06 PM
I was also thinking Zeno Clash (love both of them), but I think I'm going to have to give my vote to The Void. That game is something else.
#9noimnoturdaddyPosted 3/4/2014 4:58:07 PM
I've never understood the love for "Papers, Please". It felt too much like a job.
---
*raves about their high-end gaming PC*
*recommends games from the 90s to everyone* - PC gamers in a nutshell
#10gameonlockPosted 3/4/2014 4:59:21 PM
Pa rappa the rapper for the time.
---
What I said is my opinion.