This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My torrent clients keep crashing on W8 whenever I try to add a torrent.

#11SinisterSlayPosted 3/5/2014 11:22:10 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
DerPancake posted...
Praetor18 posted...
pitt12177 posted...
stop stealing bro

Yeah, because legal torrents just don't exist, right?

Yes, but TC is not in the .3%

Maybe he's trying to download one of the 95% of linux distros that force you to torrent them?

Does Opera still have a torrent client built in for those .3% legal torrents?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#12GalaxyNexus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 11:36:33 AM
I'm actually trying to download the Morrowind Overhaul...which is legal.

SinisterSlay posted...
Don't use torrent programs on Windows. Your IP address is blasted across the net to every FBI agency and every hacker. They can very easily remote exploit you.
If you must use torrents, do so from a live linux CD so at least you can't get infected.

Even so, I use peerblock just in case. But i don't use torrents other than I think it's a good download manager with my slow internet.
#13AlavardPosted 3/5/2014 11:52:18 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Don't use torrent programs on Windows. Your IP address is blasted across the net to every FBI agency and every hacker. They can very easily remote exploit you.
If you must use torrents, do so from a live linux CD so at least you can't get infected.

Your paranoia and your advice don't match up.

If all these hackers and agencies really have your IP and can just remote their way into any Windows PC they want to, they'll still get your IP while you torrent from the live cd, and would just be able to remote to you when you're logged into your windows OS.
#14sonicteam2k1Posted 3/5/2014 11:54:33 AM
Praetor18 posted...
pitt12177 posted...
stop stealing bro

this. people are quick and stupid to jump on the stop stealing train. I downloaded the Final Fantasy VII Tifa's bootleg mod using a torrent.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#15WyzeGyePosted 3/5/2014 11:55:49 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Praetor18 posted...
pitt12177 posted...
stop stealing bro

this. people are quick and stupid to jump on the stop stealing train. I downloaded the Final Fantasy VII Tifa's bootleg mod using a torrent.

that says 'bootleg' right in the name... it can't possibly be legal.

Nice try, bud.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#16fatboy44Posted 3/5/2014 11:57:31 AM
While not arguing for or against piracy there are some straight up stupid ass comments here, as expected in any topic with keywords such us torrent, pirate, DRM etc.
---
i7-4770K | GTX 770 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | WD Black 1TB | Seasonic Bronze 750W | Corsair 300R
https://soundcloud.com/aevio
#17AlavardPosted 3/5/2014 11:57:52 AM
WyzeGye posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Praetor18 posted...
pitt12177 posted...
stop stealing bro

Nice try, bud.

I'm assuming it means boots and legs in the literal sense. Because otherwise, mods themselves are not typically bootlegged...
#18sonicteam2k1Posted 3/5/2014 12:20:56 PM
WyzeGye posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Praetor18 posted...
pitt12177 posted...
stop stealing bro

Nice try, bud.

keep letting your ignorance shine
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#19I_am_always_mePosted 3/5/2014 3:12:52 PM
pitt12177 posted...
stop stealing bro

Didn't realize Linux Distos, PC mods, and public released music albums were illegal now.

rusty12000 posted...
To fix any windows 8 issue
Step 1: Format Computer
Step 2: Install Windows 7

Stop. Windows 8 is a fine operating system, with several features over Windows 7. There is literally no reason to use 7 over 8.

WyzeGye posted...

Nice try, bud.

It's a graphical mod for FF7. Do some research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8c9cD8t2g4

Nothing illegal about it, it's just a name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now TC, what client are you using? I have had success with Vuze, and I prefer it to the recent versions of uTorrent. Try a different client. Also, make sure your client is completely up to date, as it could be a bug fixed in a later version.
---
Pokemon White FC: Zippy [2838-3935-7013]
3DS FC [2707-1897-9929]
#20-CJF-Posted 3/5/2014 3:18:38 PM(edited)
fatboy44 posted...
While not arguing for or against piracy there are some straight up stupid ass comments here, as expected in any topic with keywords such us torrent, pirate, DRM etc.

Btw, how many files are in the torrent? Huge torrents might lock up the client if there are thousands of files.