This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the worst console to PC port ever in your opinion?

#1samuraigaidenPosted 3/5/2014 5:14:35 PM
I think GTA 4 earned that title. The game runs like crap on any settings. More modern, better looking games run 10 times better. Sometimes, I wonder if they did it on purpose.
#2ClouddxPosted 3/5/2014 5:19:49 PM
GTA IV runs fine, people just think that they can crank the settings all the way up because the sliders allow it. Now DkS on the other hand was a terrible port, but it was easily fixed by a user made mod.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#3BatmanVonDoomPosted 3/5/2014 5:20:12 PM
Saints Row 2?
---
http://i.imgur.com/GC6An.jpg
#4Unsugarized_FooPosted 3/5/2014 5:23:12 PM
Original RE4 for PC
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#5r7gerrabbitPosted 3/5/2014 5:23:32 PM
Saints Row 2 or Resident Evil 4 (not the HD version just released, the original)
---
Sig.
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 5:25:59 PM(edited)
Resident Evil.(not 4)

At least, out of what I've played. I never tried the original Metal Gear Solid, but a lot of those old PlayStation ports were built only for very old DirectX hardware, and had a lot of compatibility issues.
Megaman X4 even required an old Intel video codec that's difficult to find these days, but aside from that, it was a fine port and played great.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#7r7gerrabbitPosted 3/5/2014 5:25:05 PM
Clouddx posted...
GTA IV runs fine, people just think that they can crank the settings all the way up because the sliders allow it. Now DkS on the other hand was a terrible port, but it was easily fixed by a user made mod.

Dark Souls is an exact console port that runs better than on consoles... It's not bad, it's just exactly what you get on consoles.

Bad ports are games that barely function.
---
Sig.
#8JsReznorPosted 3/5/2014 5:27:10 PM
Batman Arkym Asylum. The controls are truly horrible, and even with xpadder don't work properly.
After 30 minutes of gameplay and 3 hours of trying to figure out the controls, I said F it and moved on.
#9samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 5:28:06 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
Clouddx posted...

Dark Souls is an exact console port that runs better than on consoles... It's not bad, it's just exactly what you get on consoles.

Bad ports are games that barely function.

The Dark Souls port was nowhere near as bad as GTA 4.
#10Unsugarized_FooPosted 3/5/2014 5:28:30 PM
I just played and beat Batman: AA and had a blast with my controller! But it is a 360 pad.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana