This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the worst console to PC port ever in your opinion?

#11ClouddxPosted 3/5/2014 5:28:55 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
Clouddx posted...
GTA IV runs fine, people just think that they can crank the settings all the way up because the sliders allow it. Now DkS on the other hand was a terrible port, but it was easily fixed by a user made mod.

Dark Souls is an exact console port that runs better than on consoles... It's not bad, it's just exactly what you get on consoles.

Bad ports are games that barely function.

Fair enough, but DkS is what I consider a bad port since it's exactly like the console version.

JsReznor posted...
Batman Arkym Asylum. The controls are truly horrible, and even with xpadder don't work properly.
After 30 minutes of gameplay and 3 hours of trying to figure out the controls, I said F it and moved on.

I had absolutely no problem using my 360 controller for this game, and it played fine.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#12MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/5/2014 5:29:38 PM
Thrillville: Off the Rails. Doesn't even have a cursor lock to prevent your cursor from going off the screen and closing the game.
No Alt + Tab support, the game will CTD if you try to tab back in.
The controls are truely horrid.
No control customization.
No graphics options at all.

That being said it's still a decent game.

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#13dementedlullabyPosted 3/5/2014 5:30:54 PM
The newest Ghost Recon was pretty bad. Please tell me where LB bumper on my keyboard is.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#14PhilOnDezPosted 3/5/2014 5:38:35 PM
Dead Space is the worst I've played. At least the controller support isn't broken. Every little thing you do in that game to try and fix it breaks it a little bit more though it seems.

Based on what I've heard about it, the original release of RE4 was worse than that though.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15farigontiPosted 3/5/2014 5:39:02 PM
LA Noire
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#16godplaysSNESPosted 3/5/2014 5:45:20 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2 and Devil May Cry 3
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#17triple sPosted 3/5/2014 5:56:48 PM
Forced Unleashed 2 was pretty terrible.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#18DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 6:01:14 PM
samuraigaiden posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...
Clouddx posted...
GTA IV runs fine, people just think that they can crank the settings all the way up because the sliders allow it. Now DkS on the other hand was a terrible port, but it was easily fixed by a user made mod.

Dark Souls is an exact console port that runs better than on consoles... It's not bad, it's just exactly what you get on consoles.

Bad ports are games that barely function.

The Dark Souls port was nowhere near as bad as GTA 4.

What was wrong with the GTA port? Besides the windowed modes being squished.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#19AnatomyHorrorPosted 3/5/2014 6:16:20 PM
Silent Hill 4 is absolutely terrible. Even with the fan made widescreen hacks and whatnot. It's much worse than Saints Row 2 which I can play no problem at 60fps.
#20killkountPosted 3/5/2014 6:17:15 PM
JsReznor posted...
Batman Arkym Asylum. The controls are truly horrible, and even with xpadder don't work properly.
After 30 minutes of gameplay and 3 hours of trying to figure out the controls, I said F it and moved on.

lol, sounds like user error.

beat the game with m+kb (because it's better for it anyway)
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif