This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the worst console to PC port ever in your opinion?

#31thatauthorPosted 3/5/2014 8:49:32 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I guess no one in here has played Devil May Cry 3. the game was and still is pretty unplayable

Check post 15
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#32DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/5/2014 8:51:44 PM
La Noire?
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#33icyterrorPosted 3/5/2014 8:58:42 PM
Brother tale of two sons and Dark Soul cause. One forced you to use a controler and another one doesn't set up key configs to match pc players...

and I don't care about those high graphic GTA games...The only good gta games for me are San Andreas and Vice City
#34Knighted DragonPosted 3/5/2014 9:00:03 PM
Saints Row 2, is that game even possible to run a decent framerate even with a high end modern computer?

I've heard horror stories about The Force Unleashed too
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#35triple sPosted 3/5/2014 9:02:44 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
Saints Row 2, is that game even possible to run a decent framerate even with a high end modern computer?

I've heard horror stories about The Force Unleashed too

Saints Row 2 ran better over time.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#36JonWood007Posted 3/5/2014 9:44:24 PM
COD Ghosts if that counts.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#37AsucaHayashiPosted 3/5/2014 11:49:17 PM
Fair enough, but DkS is what I consider a bad port since it's exactly like the console version.

that would actually make it a perfect console port which in turn is a horrible "PC" game
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#38kobalobasileusPosted 3/5/2014 11:58:29 PM
I can't think of any direct console to PC ports that I'd consider terrible.

However, in the realm of PC to console to PC, I'm really irked that Diablo 3 and Terraria for PC weren't patched to include the awesome controller support from their console versions.
#39AlleRacingPosted 3/5/2014 11:59:17 PM
samuraigaiden posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...
Clouddx posted...
GTA IV runs fine, people just think that they can crank the settings all the way up because the sliders allow it. Now DkS on the other hand was a terrible port, but it was easily fixed by a user made mod.

Dark Souls is an exact console port that runs better than on consoles... It's not bad, it's just exactly what you get on consoles.

Bad ports are games that barely function.

The Dark Souls port was nowhere near as bad as GTA 4.

What was wrong with the GTA port? Besides the windowed modes being squished.

Performance is terrible in any settings. To run the game like it should on PC you need a machine that is overkill considering what the game actually does.

It performs below consoles on machines that are above consoles, essentially.

No it doesn't. If you actually set the sliders to where the console versions are at, which IIRC is in the teens and twenties, it runs flawlessly. Cranking up the sliders to max makes the game run traffic and AI across an entire island, if not further. A modern CPU has zero issue with this, and the CPUs at the time of release could easily run the game past console settings.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#40SlaynPosted 3/6/2014 12:13:19 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Devil May Cry 3

I've heard this, haven't tried it.

Also going to have to say Dead Space because it actually makes you get stuck in the game unless you know how to fix it.

Dark Souls was a bad port but not anywhere near any of the above. At least it is playable.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.