This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the worst console to PC port ever in your opinion?

#61-CJF-Posted 3/6/2014 8:53:46 AM
DmC 3 is the worst PC port I've played for sure. I remember every time a cutscene would start my FPS would drop from a solid 60 to below 30. The only fix I could find was to move/rename the music files, but of course then you would be missing out on the great music.

The game also lacked the dynamic shadows of the PS2 version. If I had played the port past the first couple of levels I probably would've found a lot more wrong with it too.
#62Chaos_MissilePosted 3/6/2014 9:35:17 AM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I guess no one in here has played Devil May Cry 3. the game was and still is pretty unplayable

Okay i'll bite, why is it terrible?

- Control scheme. Nearly imposible to rebind the keys(they're all in controller language, and in a good way) and the default keyboard controls is clunky imo (WASD and UIOPJKL)
- the tutorials really expect you to use a controller with the default keys.(Press Forward + Button 4 to do a Stinger). This is regardless whether you're using a controller or keyboard
- even plugging in a controller does nothing. I had to use Joy2Key to attempt to bind the keys. Even then, I only had it half working: WASD for movement, the face buttons on the controller for everything else. Not unplayble, but extremely akward
- lack of resolution. IIRC it was only up to 720p at best.
- looks horribly dated
- Guess how to exit the game? The exit button? Nope. You have to presss Esc to exit the game. Or was it Ctrl + Alt + Del.

Only good point about it? The fact that it's easy to switch the music in the game. Using a boss theme from my favourite doujin game into Vergil battle 2 was pure awesome.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#63Flaktrooper123Posted 3/6/2014 9:39:39 AM
GTA 5 maybe
#64overkillwfo1978Posted 3/6/2014 12:14:50 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Devil May Cry 3

---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#65kq2076Posted 3/6/2014 1:02:19 PM
The original Street Fighter II PC port on 3.5 diskette.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ1UdqukK4
---
Hookers and Ice Cream aren't free.
Stolen-Pixels-12-The-Economics-Lesson
#66mophisusPosted 3/6/2014 1:28:32 PM
saints row 2, as others have said, but ill explain exactly why

the simulation speed of the game was based off the speed of the processor. thats fine on the console version, where the speed was always 3.2 ghz tri-core.

the same cannot be said for the pc.
if your system was clocked at 3.0-3.4ghz, you werent going to experience as many problems.

if your system was like mine (using a quad core, which is clocked lower by default), they game ran quite a bit slower (not fps loss, the actual simulation ran slower (on mine it was something like 29%)

the same worked going above the 3.2ghz mark.

the way it was "fixed" was someone created a modified save that spawned you in a car that drove very slowly, in a straight line, and you needed to run a stopwatch to see how long it took you to get from point a to point b, the modify settings to try and get that time to the one that was similar to the one figured to run at 100% simulation speed)
---
"The side effect of education should not be death by boredom and mediocrity"
#67MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/6/2014 1:58:56 PM
mophisus posted...

the simulation speed of the game was based off the speed of the processor. thats fine on the console version, where the speed was always 3.2 ghz tri-core.

if your system was clocked at 3.0-3.4ghz, you werent going to experience as many problems.

if your system was like mine (using a quad core, which is clocked lower by default), they game ran quite a bit slower (not fps loss, the actual simulation ran slower (on mine it was something like 29%)

the way it was "fixed" was someone created a modified save that spawned you in a car that drove very slowly, in a straight line, and you needed to run a stopwatch to see how long it took you to get from point a to point b, the modify settings to try and get that time to the one that was similar to the one figured to run at 100% simulation speed)

oh my god
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#68PsythikPosted 3/6/2014 2:24:38 PM
The original Resident Evil 4. Makes GTA IV look like a Valve title.
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#69samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 3:26:15 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
mophisus posted...

oh my god

I think we've got a winner.
#70chandl34Posted 3/6/2014 4:57:29 PM(edited)
There are plenty of games like that, right? That's the purpose behind slowdown utilities for old school games; only those old games had their game logic tied to the draw loop. That is a pretty hilarious solution though.
---
... even on Earth Mode.