This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the worst console to PC port ever in your opinion?

#81LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/7/2014 2:24:48 PM
The worst one I've ever had the displeasure of not-playing (because it was unplayable) was the King Kong game. Which was amazing on the 360. It was also my first personal gaming PC, so unfortunately it was quite a traumatizing experience : (
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#82KURRUPTORPosted 3/7/2014 2:35:07 PM
Its gotta be resident evil 4. I mean no mouse or controller support for a third person shooter type game?! I rally can't wrap my had around what they were thinking with that one.

The funniest part though was when capcom started blaming pirates for the horrible PC sales, and never once acknowledges the fact that it is well accepted as one of the worst PC Ports of all time.

Saints row I never played personally but that does sound worse... That's kinda on the "who in their right mind would even release this product to the public?" level of bad... but re4 was almost there too.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#83JKatarnPosted 3/7/2014 3:17:22 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Dead Space is the worst I've played. At least the controller support isn't broken. Every little thing you do in that game to try and fix it breaks it a little bit more though it seems.

Based on what I've heard about it, the original release of RE4 was worse than that though.

? I mean, there's the physics buy that can cause issues near the beginning of the game, but once you lock the framerate down with forced v-sync, aside from some minor control lag I haven't had any problems. Granted, it's not exactly a great PC port, but it's far far from the worst PC port of a console game - play something like Street Fighter 2 for DOS and get back to me.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#84MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/7/2014 3:19:22 PM
JKatarn posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
Dead Space is the worst I've played. At least the controller support isn't broken. Every little thing you do in that game to try and fix it breaks it a little bit more though it seems.

Based on what I've heard about it, the original release of RE4 was worse than that though.

? I mean, there's the physics buy that can cause issues near the beginning of the game, but once you lock the framerate down with forced v-sync, aside from some minor control lag I haven't had any problems. Granted, it's not exactly a great PC port, but it's far far from the worst PC port of a console game - play something like Street Fighter 2 for DOS and get back to me.

"Minor control lag"? Try "Unplayable control lag". It's the reason I haven't progressed two minutes into that game.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#85neoamericanPosted 3/7/2014 3:21:43 PM
JsReznor posted...
Batman Arkym Asylum. The controls are truly horrible, and even with xpadder don't work properly.
After 30 minutes of gameplay and 3 hours of trying to figure out the controls, I said F it and moved on.

I loved the controls on Arkham Asylum.

Anyways, Dark Souls was bad just due to the amount of potential lost.
---
The American dream means equal opportunity for its citizens. The neoamerican dream is the same thing but has a high speed car chase. {WOT}
#86Hicks233Posted 3/7/2014 3:49:03 PM
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid 2
DX Human Revolution Directors Cut
---
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em
#87SefyrothPosted 3/7/2014 7:04:50 PM
Here to say RE4.
I still remember the sick feeling I got watching people play it.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kuro64
http://tf2b.com/tf2/item/76561197967620233/810171751
#88ggf162Posted 3/7/2014 7:36:01 PM
007: Nightfire
---
J-"RPG"s don't deserve the title, when they are basically TBS games with adventure elements.
#89sin_shenronPosted 3/8/2014 2:39:47 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I guess no one in here has played Devil May Cry 3. the game was and still is pretty unplayable

THIS the game is absolutely terrible in all possible ways

Also other runner ups are:

CoD Ghosts
Saints Row 2
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
#90SpazH3dPosted 3/8/2014 3:09:42 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Silent Hill 4 is absolutely terrible. Even with the fan made widescreen hacks and whatnot. It's much worse than Saints Row 2 which I can play no problem at 60fps.

Can you elaborate on this? Because I'm eventually going to replay the PC version. A terrible framerate then?
---
- My vision is augmented