This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

On the fence with Elder Scrolls Online

#1BlackmonPosted 3/5/2014 9:15:01 PM
Hello everyone. I'm on the fence of getting Elder Scrolls Online. I have not been able to play the beta. I was going to wait but the pre purchase bonus is just too good to pass up. Being able to play any race on any faction is really a big thing for me.

But I'm not sure if I'm going to be enjoying the game. I wanted to see first if it's going to hold a lot of players before diving in. One thing I don't like in an MMO is very low population.

What does it have going for it aside from the title?
---
Http://www.Blackmon.com/
#2my_name_is_EdPosted 3/5/2014 9:28:41 PM
Get it if:

You like the Elder Scrolls Name
Have to play every MMO there is
You like the color Brown

Don't get it if:

You're looking for a game worth of the Elder Scrolls name.
You like exploration and freedom
You dislike games that you have to buy, THEN sub, AND have a cash shop
You're looking for a decent MMO
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#3TheSchrefPosted 3/5/2014 9:40:35 PM
Looks like total trash, TBH.
#4SlaynPosted 3/5/2014 9:41:30 PM
Seriously man, do you wan to be engrossed in an MMO? I played MMO from like 14 to about 26, going from one to the next. Kind of over the genre. Such a waste of time. I played the beta just to see, and it is VERY generic. I don't see anything at all that makes it different. Not a single thing. If someone knows, let me know. I really haven't done any research but I don't see a single point that separates itself from any other MMO, aside from the company that makes it. IMO they should have gone with just adding multiplayer to a regular Elder Scrolls game kind of like Dark Souls instead of an MMO. It has the same generic MMO combat, quests, etc. There is no exploration like in other games.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#5Epicness2012Posted 3/5/2014 9:41:49 PM
They aren't done with the beta weekends yet, so just keep an eye out for the next one. Tons of sites have been giving away thousands of codes during them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#6Orestes417Posted 3/5/2014 9:43:56 PM
On general principles I never recommend committing to a new mmo until after the first round of raiding is done and the second is being patched in. Preferably chill till you see several major content patches.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#7foodeater4Posted 3/5/2014 9:55:36 PM
There will be at least one more beta. Try it yourself and decide.
#8ATARIJAWAPosted 3/5/2014 9:56:10 PM
It's just another themepark. Nothing special.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#9Cool_Dude667Posted 3/5/2014 10:20:53 PM
Im getting it for the PvP personally, stealing a Elder Scroll from the Daggerfall Covenant and safely getting it back to our EP temple was exhilarating. There will be another beta before release I suggest checking it out. I usually find MMO's boring but ESO beta was really fun and I preordered.

The zones are massive too, and exploring everything on your map is very rewarding as many quests are hidden and usually they reward a skill point. The quests are done very well, you won't find many generic objectives. Its a elder scrolls game with some of the MMO trappings, take that for what you will.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#10a687947Posted 3/5/2014 10:43:31 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Get it if:

You like the Elder Scrolls Name
Have to play every MMO there is
You like the color Brown

Don't get it if:

You're looking for a game worth of the Elder Scrolls name.
You like exploration and freedom
You dislike games that you have to buy, THEN sub, AND have a cash shop
You're looking for a decent MMO

don't listen to this guy as he obviously hasn't played it. Less than two hours into the beta they let you loose on an island that is about 5-6 sq. miles, and at level 10 you can explore pretty much all of cyrodiil, which is probably close to 15 sq. miles. The dominant color actually seems to be green not brown and the island for the aldmeri dominion at least is actually pretty colorful