This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

On the fence with Elder Scrolls Online

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. On the fence with Elder Scrolls Online
1 year ago#21
There's still atleast one more beta. Try it for yourself. To be honest, the game gets more hate than it deserves, kids think it's cool to jump on the hate bandwagon. Just don't expect it to be a Skyrim multiplayer.

Edit: People also need to stop saying the game has a cash shop. It doesn't, it'll have account services like most mmo's. That's it.
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/xRuneXero
3DS FC: 1719-4162-7550 / NNID: xRuneXero (PM me if you add me).
1 year ago#22
JMartinho posted...
There's still atleast one more beta. Try it for yourself. To be honest, the game gets more hate than it deserves, kids think it's cool to jump on the hate bandwagon. Just don't expect it to be a Skyrim multiplayer.

Edit: People also need to stop saying the game has a cash shop. It doesn't, it'll have account services like most mmo's. That's it.

"Pay $15 and we'll transfer you character to a different server. This process takes 2 seconds, but we're gonna charge you anyways"

Sounds like a cash shop to me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
1 year ago#23
my_name_is_Ed posted...
JMartinho posted...

"Pay $15 and we'll transfer you character to a different server. This process takes 2 seconds, but we're gonna charge you anyways"

Sounds like a cash shop to me.

Hey, ESO only has one megaserver so there wont be any transferring!

Anyways, ESO or not, this practice is standard among MMO's nowadays. Guild Wars 2, EQ2, WOW and many others all charge you money for server changes/appearance changes/name changes. You don't gotta like it, but that's how it is. And I don't think people are really going to choose an MMO based on that criteria. If all that stuff was free Im sure players would abuse it to much, so in reality its you fault. Anyways, pick a good name the first time around. If your someone buying an account illeagally according the games TOS and you want to change the name and appearance then tough luck, factor into your cost of buying someones account.
1 year ago#24
ATARIJAWA posted...
It's just another themepark. Nothing special.

Getting tired of this generic troll response.
1 year ago#25
ThePCElitist posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...

It's the truth though. ESO, while a decent looking game and fun to play for people really into the ES lore offers nothing new gameplay wise. While playing the beta I noticed nothing new gameplay wise that I haven't done in other MMO's. There was nothing that stood out as special or unique. It's a generic themepark mmo with ES slapped on top. I didn't say don't buy it. I hope millions of people buy it and enjoy it and it lasts a long time. It's just not for me though.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
1 year ago#26
wow there's a lot of misinformation and flat out deception in this thread. Lends a lot of credence to the "reverse-astroturfing" theory going around regarding this game

Anyway, I have played the beta (along with a million others), as someone who loves elders scrolls and MMO's but was very leery of this iteration, due to all the 'generic' comments that have been flung around since the day the game was announced.

I was gutted when the beta weekend was over, it's a wonderfully surprising mix of ES and MMO gameplay. Honestly some of these replies are just negative trolls lol. Tons of people by now have experienced the game, and once it's out the word will spread. Is it going to be the best game ever for everybody? no. Is it "skyrim", but online? no. Does it have the "new game smell"? yes.
1 year ago#27
ThePCElitist posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...

and I'm getting tired of every response that doesn agree with you being labled as a troll post.

Looks like no one's getting what they want.
---
1 year ago#28
xanadoo posted...
wow there's a lot of misinformation and flat out deception in this thread. Lends a lot of credence to the "reverse-astroturfing" theory going around regarding this game

Anyway, I have played the beta (along with a million others), as someone who loves elders scrolls and MMO's but was very leery of this iteration, due to all the 'generic' comments that have been flung around since the day the game was announced.

I was gutted when the beta weekend was over, it's a wonderfully surprising mix of ES and MMO gameplay. Honestly some of these replies are just negative trolls lol. Tons of people by now have experienced the game, and once it's out the word will spread. Is it going to be the best game ever for everybody? no. Is it "skyrim", but online? no. Does it have the "new game smell"? yes.

everyones played the beta. You could make a list of people who haven't played it, and save a ****load of paper. All you're saying is "everyone's wrong because I like it"
---
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. On the fence with Elder Scrolls Online

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived