This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a good Mechanical Keyboad

#11DoramiPosted 3/5/2014 11:22:51 PM
...So... does anyone care to explain why the K70 is supposed to be so good?
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | Pokemon X: IGN: Jing | Safari: Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
NNID: StareRoe | PSN: Raftina
#12Ep1taph303Posted 3/5/2014 11:23:48 PM
Dorami posted...
...So... does anyone care to explain why the K70 is supposed to be so good?

it's good mang
#13_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 3/6/2014 12:20:11 AM(edited)
Corsair is really popular here, but you should know that there are other brands out there who have been building mechanical keyboards for a longer time, and unlike Corsair have not struggled with hardware or driver problems with each generation of their peripherals (repeating key problem, trouble with firmware updates, LEDs frequently dying).

Not saying the Corsairs are not a good product. Only that they are a common recommendation here mostly because of successful marketing (gamers being the target audience), not because they offer a better product than their competitors in the mechanical keyboard market.

For me personally, there are several options that I feel provide me with a better typing experience than the Corsair keyboards at a lower price. This is due to a number of differences, perhaps most notably the difference between the Costar stabilizers on something like the CM Quickfire rapid, vs the Cherry stabilizers on the often recommended Corsair and Ducky. They affect the typing experience quite a bit, and testing them side by side, I have to say that I have a strong preference for the former over the latter.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#14ThatOneGuysHairPosted 3/6/2014 6:37:14 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Topre-Type-Heaven-104-key-Keyboard/dp/B00DGJALYW this is the last mechanical I bought

I will never look back. topre switches are awesome.

my ex-mechanical keyboard had a switch fail. key chattering, which apparently happens with all cherry MX switches. the board was out of warranty, so I'd have to desolder the switch and replace it myself or send it in for repair; just to have to do that again the next time a switch failed.

so, I did some research for a new keyboard. I wanted the key presses to feel nice, and I didn't want to have to deal with switch repair: even simple pcb mounted switch swapping.

this led me to topre. the switch design is capacitive in action, with a rubber dome/spring facilitating the actuation. it's a "middle ground" between rubber dome and traditional mechanical switches that I've come to find is quite nice.

there's also no possibility for individual key switches to fail, because the design isn't based off of individual key switches.

IMO: totally worth it, and is great for gaming and typing in general.

/recommendation post
#15DoramiPosted 3/6/2014 8:30:28 AM
Different models of CM Quickfire are sourced from different manufacturers. For example: The Rapid is a good Costar board. The Pro is a much less durable iOne board. That is something to be careful about when buying them.
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | Pokemon X: IGN: Jing | Safari: Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
NNID: StareRoe | PSN: Raftina
#16Flaktrooper123Posted 3/6/2014 8:36:14 AM
Well, suffice to say the K70 is just badass, think 'Boring yet Practical'.

Other brands? You can try Ducky Shine or CM Quickfire Rapid. Or just use an old IBM keyboard from your old PC, hopefully it still works.
#17betatechPosted 3/6/2014 8:42:57 AM
I have a corsair K70 with brown switches which I like, My only real complaint is that the space bar LED is annoying (because its at eye level to my bed) but fortunately you can customise which keys are backlit, also it does use multiple USB ports but the keyboard has a usb port on it.

The reason I went with this was because it seemed to be the best within my budget for brown switches at the time (that said, if you're in the states there should be some other options).

My previous mechanical was a Qpad MK-80 pro blue which bar the usual Blue switch issue I found annoying because the LEDs had to be switched off manually otherwise they'd stay on when I turned the computer off (might have been my PC but the K70 doesn't do this).

I suggest whatever you get make sure you can either return it if you don't like it or try one out first.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
#18farigontiPosted 3/6/2014 8:56:08 AM
I'd totally wait for this if you're a huge nerd like me:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-GjMH8kQlc
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#19LootmanPosted 3/6/2014 9:00:37 AM
http://www.theinstallershop.co.uk/p/938/samsung-spc-6000-system-keyboad-controller-with-5-tft-touch-screen

Here's a nice Keyboad.
---
\(._.)/ Hi, my name is Lootman!
._.)/ http://i.imgur.com/KyOOLwU.jpg
#20Killah PriestPosted 3/6/2014 9:04:46 AM
K70 with Cherry MX Browns.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.